Hasagawa 1/32 Junkers Ju87G Kanonenvogel

Robthepom

Hi Rob 

Welcome!!

I have build the D-8 and have the G-2 in the stash. If you can get the Master cannon barrels. Very nice addition.

The kit goes together really well. The only problem is the canopy cannot be posed open as is comes in the kit. I cut the middle section in two to make it more narrow. Then the front part can slide back. 

Hope this info helps

Nick

Rob, wondering if you know about the canons. My understanding is the kit ones the are the same, but in real life they were "mirored". One left and one right. Is this correct ?.....Harv

Hi Rob and Harvey

Rob, wondering if you know about the canons. My understanding is the kit ones the are the same, but in real life they were "mirored". One left and one right. Is this correct ?.....Harv

Harvey the cannons are not handed. The give-away is the bulge on the side of the fairing above the pod. Only on the right hand side.

I forgot to add apart from the Master cannon barrels, the other aftermarket part which enhances accuracy is the set of wooden VS111 prop blades from Quikboost. These were fitted to late war Stukas and their profile in noticeably different from the metal blades depicted in the kit. I think Mastercasters also make them.

Hope it helps. If you need product codes or photos just shout.

Nick

wow thanks for the great information and advice, i will look into using the AM barrels mainly because the cannons really attracted me to this version

I have no idea which marking scheme, but probably the Versuchsverband one :hmmm:

You should also all know i'm not an advanced modeller at all, so i hope you don't have high expectations, at the moment i just wish i had one of those fancy PE folding gadgets, the eduard PE boxes are fiddly :mental:  :mental:

Mike's comment is appreciated, i will be having lots of fun and satisfaction........i hope :fight:  :fight:  I will have fun :fight:  :fight:  :fight:

More progress photos to come, as the cockpit progresses

Its such a shame about the photobucket ransom, most of the stuka build threads have no pictures

Edited by Robthepom

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone please explain why i have less time at the workbench when i am on holiday??????? WHY Grrrrrrr

Did some work on the cockpit, my PE folding is not good but its the best i can do with pliers and fat fingers

DT39VqV.jpg

yPcnRZ9.jpg

Love the detail on the PE seatbelts

More to follow if i have time