Punch & Die

Ahoy all, now I've decided it's time I upped my scratch building game. I'm just wondering what's the best punch and die set out there in your opinion? I work in all 3 scales. But realistically would probably use it mostly for 1.48th and 1.32nd aircraft. So what would you guys suggest?

Cheers.

Yep, it's quite expensive (but remember you get 14 sizes so on a per unit cost it's pretty competitive in price with other brands). It's a high quality tool. I've used mine for about 15 years with no issues. 

Ah I found a site. No worries. Dang that is a bit pricey. What's the quality like?

Does anyone have any experience with this one:

UMM10_Multi_Shape_Punch_Set.jpg

I guess it's not technically a punch and die without the die, but I wonder if it would be effective for punching out little discs, hexagons, and squares of styrene sheet for scratch building.  It's a lot cheaper than alternatives, and I'm sure it's not as good, but is it good enough?

• 3 weeks later...

That harborfreight one has the smallest size of 1/8"/~3mm.  That would be okay for some projects but not small enough for others.  Does anyone have experience with the UMM one I posted above? 

on the other hand the  harbor freight one has larger sizes,  I am tempeted as I already have the waldron and  the hf would be useful for   wheels masks of maybe I should get the shadow circle cutter?

Does anyone have any experience with this one:

UMM10_Multi_Shape_Punch_Set.jpg

I guess it's not technically a punch and die without the die, but I wonder if it would be effective for punching out little discs, hexagons, and squares of styrene sheet for scratch building.  It's a lot cheaper than alternatives, and I'm sure it's not as good, but is it good enough?

I have this punch set and it does have its uses. It isn't as sharp as a regular punch a die set BUT, it does allow you to produce some unique shapes. Also, I've been able to make rivets as small as .2mm using it and a pin for the punch. That's much smaller than my smallest punch and die set.

I have this punch set and it does have its uses. It isn't as sharp as a regular punch a die set BUT, it does allow you to produce some unique shapes. Also, I've been able to make rivets as small as .2mm using it and a pin for the punch. That's much smaller than my smallest punch and die set.

Thanks for the reply.  I knew someone here had to have tried it.  So, although not as sharp as a traditional punch and die, is it still good enough for punching out discs/squares/hexes from styrene sheet?