Whats the 411 on that B-17F gents?

Guest Smitty44

Guest Smitty44

I have a little cash burning a hole in my pocket and am just wondering. I would love to pick up the Fisher X-1B if its going to be a while, but have just really tried to be patient.

OK, so the delay is due to some issues getting the decals produced. It's also their largest and heaviest kit yet, with nearly 800 parts on 40 sprues. All of this is taking some time to produce, as there are 22 separate moulds involved. Neil also mentioned a resin bullet track, which I'm assuming means the ammo belts and feeds.

Anyway, cutting to the chase, expected release is around the end of August.

Kev

Guest Smitty44

OK, so the delay is due to some issues getting the decals produced. It's also their largest and heaviest kit yet, with nearly 800 parts on 40 sprues. All of this is taking some time to produce, as there are 22 separate moulds involved. Neil also mentioned a resin bullet track, which I'm assuming means the ammo belts and feeds.

Anyway, cutting to the chase, expected release is around the end of August.

Uh oh, wasn't Jennings doing the decals??

Guest Smitty44

No, Jennings wasn't able to do them, which is part of the delay. I think it has taken some time to source accurate artwork suitable for the job.

Kev

Ok thanks for the info Kev!!

Word from HK booth at IPMS is late Sept. That had one there and it looks good IMO. I did not do a case study just looked it over.

He also said the the non staggered waist position will become the standard so if you want staggered waist positions he recommended purchasing one of the Gs as any re-release will not be staggered.

They are also considering making the E/F Sprue with the "standard" tail twin 50s available as a separate item for purchase.

Barry

Word from HK booth at IPMS is late Sept.

Who did you speak to, Barry? Neil told me directly that he felt it would be around the last week in August. Everything else in your post is also news to me, and if I'm honest it sounds a bit like a distributor putting words in Neil's mouth. I'll verify it with him when I get the chance.

Kev

The only person at the Nats was a distributor.  Most of his info was speculation, but he did tell me that it was late August.  He did mention about the G and you can tell from the fuselage half that it is modified from the original molds so no more split waste guns.  However, the outline for the original opening is still slightly visible.  It wouldn't take much to for someone to cast plugs.  There was also mention of later on doing an early model G as the G parts will not be in this edition as it would take up too much space.

Who did you speak to, Barry? Neil told me directly that he felt it would be around the last week in August. Everything else in your post is also news to me, and if I'm honest it sounds a bit like a distributor putting words in Neil's mouth. I'll verify it with him when I get the chance.

Kev

The guy in the booth, I did not ask his name. Brandon at FreeTime hobby said he was expecting later this month. So somewhere in between is likely the truth.

Barry