Me 262

Nice to see your project, Chris. You have more parts glued than me...

A question: how are you going to do with the slats? Keep as the in the kit or make new ones?

Keep us posted.

Wumm,

i will paint it in RLM 76 bottom and RLM 81 and 82 on top. (White 3 from A. Galland)

The turbine fans are from the kit! I only drilled a hole in the middle, then i can put it on a toothpick

to paint it in gold. Now it shines like brass.

Rato,

Sorry, but i don´t know what "slats" are :huh:

But i will use all parts from the kit. The one and only i´ve orderd for this plane is a controlstick

from the Revell FW 190 D9 and the rudderpedals from the FW 190 too.

I only have a little sorrow with the canopy.....

Thankx for your coments, gentlemen! B)

Chris Hannover

Chris,

Nice model...I am assumming that this is a Revell kit? I have always liked the 262, and I intend to obtain/build one some day. Good luck with the model build.

Slats are the movable flaps on the leading edge (front) of the wings (normally situated outboard, towards the wing tips). They are either aerofoil shaped sections of the wing leading edge, or leading edge shaped plates. Both open forwards to create a gap btween the slat and the rest of the wing leading edge behind it. Their purpose is to smooth the airflow over the upper surface of the wing at higher than normal angles of attack, hence delaying the breakup of the airflow and subsequent wing tip stall.

Cheers :huh:

Derek

Hi Derek,

This is the Hasegawa kit, but i think an old kit.

Thank you for explain what slats are!

I´ll let it be like it is, because when you put on the rocket launcher, you have a problem with that.

The rocket bomb holder is to much in front of the wing, so its a bit tricky for me to push the slats forward.

See on the pic.

post-4-1098276656.jpg

Keep at it Chris...it's looking good. Same question to you as Wumm, any idea what the Humbrol paint equivalnts are for the most commonly used RLM colours on WWII Luftwaffe fighters? :D This info' will help me when I tackle mine in the near future.

Best regards

Derek

Hi Derek,

sorry, i only use the Revell and the Gunze colors.

But you also can visit the JPS Site.

www.jpsmodell.de

It´s a german site, but you can choose the lenguage in english. There you can order RLM colors.

Or you watch out for the Gunze colors at your dealer.

Look...

post-4-1098356544.jpg