Opinions on my interpretation of....

Guest TimC

I've been working on this airplane for the past couple of weeks now. I'm planning on using the Eagle Editions 32-60 decal for the subject aircraft and it has some detailing in the visible portion of the engine (between the wheelwells) and an MDC Dora cockpit set. Its got the glosscoat on and ready for decals.

I've been doing much work and evaluation on the representative paint scheme and combining the research of several well known sources, I put together this paint job based on the references, the experts opinions and my own as well. I hope you like it.

The first pics are of the MDC cockpit and the engine compartment.

TimC. :)

post-4-1098058873.jpg

Wing underside, the yellow green color is from Floquil and is incorrectly identified as RLM 84. It's a very late war color and is referred to as a green-blue shade of RLM76 (From the experten decal website) whatever it is, it's definitely yellow green :)

post-4-1098059323.jpg

Left Side. The RLM 82 bright green shows up in the picture as really bright. In less intense light, it's not that bright and looks good. I also painted some "overspray" on the black spinner (not shown) to replicate the overspray that was on the real aircraft.

post-4-1098059404.jpg

Well folks, the dora is progressing very nicely at this time. The decals have been applied, and the model has been flat coated. The heavy exhaust staining is on. Final assembly and weathering later. I hope it turns out nice. I'm even pleased with it so far. :D

Pictures to follow.

TimC. :rolleyes: