Bronco

Jack

Loooking really great Jack. All models start off as a bunch of parts. But your bunch of parts look like they will join up into a really great model. I've yet to try a scratchbuilt. Cheers and keep up the excellent work. If you could spare some minutes for a few close ups it would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Hi guys, like i indicated before in the original thread (which i can't seem to retrace anymore.... :) , the molds were made by Lee White and he himself started this Bronco model, but quoting his own words..."he might try a new mold someday" , so who knows....!!!

Problem with started models is ofcourse the fact that sometimes you'll have to do some surgery and by doing so more or less break up the model built by its original owner, so ....Lee, i had to adjust the nose shape, and cut out the slotted flaps, had some difficulties getting the cockpit interior the way i wanted it, made up the horizontal tailplane between the booms, the rudders, tial plane fillets, and dispenser boxes in the fuselage booms, exhaust stacks, and at this time i'm painting the cockpit interior, which is convenient because the fuselage pod is still detached from the wing assembly, so it's easy to "juggle" around.

Afterwards, i'll HAVE to fix the pod to the wing assembly in order to create the right canopy construction, which should be blending in with the wing top area.

After that i might be tempted to start the spraying activities.... ;) , but the next major job is the making of the nose- and main gear assembly.

I had to put some considerable wheight into the nose area, since this aircraft has a more or less nose downward "sit" and there is quite some "hardware" aft of the CG point...., so i might have to consider some reinforced main gear struts, maybe copper or white metal, we'll see...

regards,

jack.

Hey Jack!!

The Bronco looks great!! I understand the need to re-work some parts of the model, since I now realize that that I myself would have done some things differently if I were building it today. I agree with your assessment that the nose needed to be re-worked. Originally, I was going to build an A model, but when I found a pic of the YOV-10D NOGS Bronco, which had a 20mm turret under the pod, I modified the nose. That's why the model had no pylons included. Keep us all posted on the build up. Also, to anyone following the build, you should all know the level of scratchbuilding involved on Jack's part is truly amazing. I started this model, and know all the "skeletons in the closet" involved in its construction, and the level of work he has done to make it an acceptable model is simply incredible.

Lee :)

:)

Hi Lee, don't give me too much credit, actually you yourself made the start, and ofcourse like you said there are some quirks, but they are workable, i only hope i'll do your initial work credit afterwards, but hey...it's a lot of fun and i'm glad you decided to skip the pony version and go for the NOGS, but i'll turn it into the OV10D+, so i'll include the the weapon sponsons.

I'll keep you posted.

regards,

Jack.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Chris,

doing things slowly lately isn't actually my usual habit, but on the modeling front it is since lots of attention is going into job/home and family business....

Each time i see some spare time which could be done modeling, it's wiped away to "different shores" and in the end i'm p....sed of i didn't do some relaxing modeling, cause that's what it is: a way to relax from daily chores.

So eventually i will finish that Bronco anyhow, and in the meantime i always tend to discover that i should have done this and that differently in order to improve on building it......oh well, what else is new.... ;)

I am in aviation and if there's one subject in great @#@$%, then it's this item in society (though slightly in the uplift i must say...) so it's taking a lot of my attention, but i'll manage.. <_<

Thanks for the comments, it's appreciated.

Untill next update.....!!

Jack.

Excellent job Jack. Truly brilliant. Forget the speed. The secret of good modelling is a good slow progress. If you try to hurry things up you will only go wrong. Its not about speed but about getting it right and the way you want it to be and buy you're doing just that.