Revell/ AIMS 1/32 Junkers Ju-188 E-1 Z6+DM II/KG66

monthebiff

It's been a few months since I finished my HpH Ta-154 and I wanted to get my teeth into a another large big twin project so decided it was time to crack on with the Ju-188 conversion.

20170426-133600.jpg

Even though very little will be seen I've also decided to add some detail to the large U/C bays with the help of a couple of Profimodeller sets. The AIMS conversion looks pretty comprehensive with some very nicely cast resin pieces with the star of the show being the large one piece cockpit replacement.

20170426-134423.jpg

20170426-134539.jpg

20170426-134643.jpg

20170426-134718.jpg

20170426-134747.jpg

Still very much undecided which airframe/ colour scheme to go for at the moment and just wish there was more information available when it gets down to detailing.

As ever thanks for looking by and hope you enjoy my build as it comes together.

Regards. Andy

Edited by monthebiff

Nice!

I consider myself the PM tailwheelset a bit of an overkill; most of the tail wheel well will be invisible once the fuselage got closed (and it is really expensive), but the other sets are very useful.

While my AIMS Ju-88 conversions are still in the boxes and in the stash I may add that the MDC Herman bomb has an excellent fit, but you might want to shorten the circular PE tail part a bit (just a very little bit) after some dryfitting. Depends somewhat on your alignment of the fins.

Happy modelling!

- dutik

Nice!

I consider myself the PM tailwheelset a bit of an overkill; most of the tail wheel well will be invisible once the fuselage got closed (and it is really expensive), but the other sets are very useful.

While my AIMS Ju-88 conversions are still in the boxes and in the stash I may add that the MDC Herman bomb has an excellent fit, but you might want to shorten the circular PE tail part a bit (just a very little bit) after some dryfitting. Depends somewhat on your alignment of the fins.

Happy modelling!

- dutik

Thank you Dutik, I know most of all of the U/C sets won't be visible when complete but I just fancied doing it and I will know its there when finished.

Regards. Andy

That cockpit looks amazing.

Cheers

Dennis

It's a pretty cool piece of casting Dennis, the port instrument panels are a little on the skinny side and need a bit of work but just out of the box with some very careful painting it will look amazing.

Regards. Andy 

there are many nice Ju188 schemes, but the french would get my vote. 

I agree Hardcore but a French Ju-188 is out of the question for me........no armament which would be such a shame, as well as being the easy way out on this build. Will definitely be a Luftwaffe airframe.

Regards. Andy

you have my atention

looking forward to your build

Mark

Hopefully all will go to plan Mark, also have my Revell 190 build very slowly moving along which is my "long term project".

Regards. Andy

Guest Peterpools

Andy

Terrific choice for your next build and looking forward to following with great interest.

Just love them BIG Twins

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Peter

No going back on this one now, forward fuselage now removed in readiness to graft the replacement AIMS replacement in to place.

20170428-193640.jpg

Then a quick check to see if my measurements were correct and how things would fit together.

20170428-205906.jpg

All looks good and the new nose looks to be an excellent fit. However, the way you have to cut the forward fuselage away combined with the new resin nose molding you then loose forward wing struts.

20170428-210212.jpg

I want to try and fit the original plastic part to the back of the new fuselage so when everything comes together all is locked in to place. As you can see the back of the new forward fuselage matches the original kit part but I'm thinking with some careful measurement etc I can then use the original bracing strut.

After initial cut and basic dry fits I'm very happy.

Regards. Andy

Edited by monthebiff