What to buy?

scvrobeson

So, here's the deal guys. I've got some extra money laying around, just about $200, so I'm looking to indulge myself a bit.

I'm looking for opinions. What are some great LSP projects that i could get for that money? Do I blow it all on a B-25 or a Tamiya Mustang, or do I split it up and buy a few cheaper kits?

Thanks for the input guys

Matt :party0023:

If I had that kind of Scratch, I'd pounce on the 1/32 Rutman P-51B that Jack has for sale over on the Trader's Board.... Not easy to find, and light years ahead of the Revell and Trumpeter kits... Just my $.02 cents....

What about a nice WingNut Wings kit...? I don't recall you've done a WWI aircraft yet?

Matt

Hey Matt. I actually did the Hansa-Brandenburg right after it came out. That's actually a nice idea, do the Rumpler, and still have tons of money left over....

If I had that kind of Scratch, I'd pounce on the 1/32 Rutman P-51B that Jack has for sale over on the Trader's Board.... Not easy to find, and light years ahead of the Revell and Trumpeter kits... Just my $.02 cents....

Interesting thought. I've never really given much thought to a P-51B, I'm usually bigger on the NMF Mustangs than the OD/NG options that the B usually has.

Matt

Interesting thought. I've never really given much thought to a P-51B, I'm usually bigger on the NMF Mustangs than the OD/NG options that the B usually has.

Matt

You could always do a Red tail P-51C........

DAPFOFM0879.jpg

When you have no kids, debt or wife, all of your money is extra! :evil_laugh:

I'd go for the biggest model I could find. Having seen both the mossie and the B-25 built, they are very similar in size.

Edited by BradG

When you have no kids, debt or wife, all of your money is extra! :evil_laugh:

I'd go for the biggest model I could find. Having seen both the mossie and the B-25 built, they are very similar in size.

Except for tuition, rent, and gas, yeah, all my money is extra. :innocent:

No, it's because I payed for a vacation for my girlfriend and I, and she said she would either give me the money for it, or let me get some kits equal to that cost. So i was asking opinions about what I should look at.

Thanks for the size comparison. I've seen a Mossie built up, but I've never seen a built-up B-25 in the flesh, except behind a glass case, so I can't really compare the two kits.

Matt :party0023:

Guest Dekenba

I'd go for the WNW Gotha.

It's wonderfully well manufactured, goes together superbly, will keep you busy long enough to get plenty of enjoyment out of it, looks fantastic once built and it's bloody huge!