Focke-Wulf Fw-190F-8 gun bay

Gerhard

The Aires F-8 gun bays are really nice but a complete PITA to get fitted but really, really cool when fitted and painted.

20170527_201709.jpg

20170315_205444-1.jpg

Have fun with them.

Regards. Andy

Well, we like challenging ourselves, dont we?   That being said, any pointers that will make life a bit easier?

Edited by Gerhard

Got it. Thanks. No worries my bad. I'd just read on some reviews it was possible.

Which one out of interest?

Whilst someone can always make an honest mistake, I am inclined to think that it's pretty feeble research for a ‘review'.

There are so few actually worth anything these days.

Which one out of interest?

Whilst someone can always make an honest mistake, I am inclined to think that it's pretty feeble research for a ‘review'.

There are so few actually worth anything these days.

Revell picked the F-8 version of the Fw-190 for their new 1/32 scale release. A choice that not only offers quite a few interesting possibilities when it comes to choosing liveries, but makes it also doable to convert it into other types, like the A-8, A-8/R or A-7 quite easily. This new Revell kit is slightly more expensive than their Bf-109 G-6 and G-10 releases, but it comes with a highly detailed engine and let's be honest: 40 euro is a fair price for a good kit. But is it? We asked François to build it and here is the building report!

http://www.themodellingnews.com/2015/08/francois-builds-revells-new-132-focke.html#more

• 1 month later...

Reaching this point now in my build. It is by no means an easy kit, with quite a few challenges along the way. Maybe because it's my 1st LSP build in a very very long time. Very little info on the interwebs on how to best approach this conversion. 

I kicked off my return to the hibby with a few 1/48's. I did do Trumpeters MIG 15 Bis, but binned it after my wash ate through the paint. (I know, that;s odd). 

Not with what's in the box you can't.  The F-8 kit has the wing minus the outboard cannons.  Unless you found an A-8/A-9 without them, you can't do one directly from the box contents.  Or you could get the A night fighter and leave off the dangly bits.

My F8 kit has two parts for the outboard guns. Marked in instructions as "not used"

Dick

Oh Crikey, PITA is an understatement. I have never ever sanded and filed and dry fitted so much on a single part. There is no way that I am going to do both sides. One will suffice.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Aries.

PITA indeed Gerhard as I mentioned in an earlier post!

The Aires F-8 gun bays are really nice but a complete PITA to get fitted but really, really cool when fitted and painted.

20170527_201709.jpg

20170315_205444-1.jpg

Have fun with them.

Regards. Andy

One side was enough for me just as well just as you have found...........worth it when you do get it squeezed in at the end though.

Regards. Andy 

I managed to get it in, but still had major issues with the wing fit. Mine doesnt look nearly as neat as yours. I'm still learning though, but I think I ruined the model. Will see when it's all painted up etc.