P51A

vvwse4

• 3 weeks later...

What can you say about filling, sanding and filling again? Only one thing, BORING!!! :)

Also worked the propellor thing, used a P40 Revell prop for a base and tried too make it look like the one it should be.

russville033.jpg

russville032.jpg

russville031.jpg

russville030.jpg

Still some filling and sanding to do but there is some light at the end of the tunnel here!!

Rick.

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

I am still working on this one, but there were things more important than building planes lately. But I haver managed too make some progress. Really hope to finish it this winter but I am not sure......Having problems with the decal on the nose, the rest will be masks. Hope you like it.

russville039.jpg

You can see the decal, the yellow is almost transparant so no good. I removed the decal.

russville038.jpg

russville040.jpg

Wishing everybody a blessed, healthy and wonderfull new year.

Rick.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi Russ,

Well I finished her today and even tossed a pilot in! Been a while since the last time but I have been getting my act together lately. I even did the Camino de Santiago, a 800km walk , and that really helped. So basicly I quit my job, my boss is a jerk, but I will get another one soon and things are falling together again. That is nice. Sure miss you around here but I have no doubt that you'll watch things over here so every now and then. Here are the pictures, I started outside but the weather here is lousy so I had to get inside fast because of the rain. See ya buddy.

Rick.

11-P-51AMrsVirginiaRefueling-1.jpg

russville049.jpg

DSCN1070.jpg

DSCN1071.jpg

DSCN1072.jpg

DSCN1074.jpg

DSCN1075.jpg

DSCN1077.jpg

DSCN1078.jpg

DSCN1082.jpg

Edited by vvwse4