Verlinden 15th Scale Flak

Guest LSP_Jay L

Guest LSP_Jay L

Hi guys;

I thought I would post some pics of the Flak gun in a coherent thread as opposed to gumming up the works in my Typhoon thread with images.

I'll re-post some of the progress shots first.

this kit is a bit of a monster but not all that bad when placed in the time context of resin kits, as it was released in the enthusiastic "as long as it looks like a...." heyday when the market was a fledgling one.

I spruced up the cradle a fair bit

post-8-1144104352.jpg

Guest LSP_Jay L

The gun is basically finished so these pics are fairly old but I was debating whether or not to post any of these images as it is for my book. Hopefully I will not get into any trouble for this.

This is the mid stages of painting and it shows the "highlights" slightly exaggerated.

post-8-1144104498.jpg

Guest LSP_Jay L

And here we are sometime later with the weathering coming along.

I'll post some more in the next couple of days, as it is finished, but I have to adjust the studio to shoot it now as it is THAT big.

Cheers guys,

Jay

post-8-1144104564.jpg

As usual your modeling is sickening. I hate it I hate it. Why do you torture me so you bully. I feel like a paraplegic watching a sprinter.

PS. Trying to get to the Ladyboss this week, will phone you when I get it all together mate :P

Guest LSP_Jay L

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :blink:

A jug pic for every occasion, thats our Chris!

Thanks Piet, I'm glad you like it despite the fact it doesnt have wings. :blink:

Cheers guys,

Jay

Yeah gotta agree with Piet there...awesome mate. I'll send the link to some of my Arty mates. They'll be barring up to the max. It must look massive sitting on the table.

book eh? WTG. ;)

Cheer mate Matty

Guest LSP_Jay L
Where do you glue the wings on? Is it a Stormovik?

;) Cheeky B*****rd

Thanks Matty. I'll have some pics of the finished jobbie soon which I will post here.

Cheers guys,

Jay

cant wait to see it. its an outstanding build, jay. the tamiya taped tubing is only one little detail that makes this gun stand out of many others. and in 1/15 scale this must be a real big modell. maybe you can put it next to a coca-cola bottle or something everybody knows, to show its full sice.

cheers klaus