WNW Sopwith 5F1 Dolphin

TimW

That's what I said back in August, now I built 2 Wingnut and have 10 in the stash. Careful, they are addictive!

Oh how i second that opinion!

Ive been bitten by the bug for the past two years and it's a breath of fresh air!

Excellent progress on the Dolphin it looks super busy!

K

If it's rigging that scares you you could go Junkers J.1 which has no rigging. Roland C.II which only has a little. Or next up, the Albatros D.V which has more than the Roland but less than any British plane. Oh, the Fokker D.VII has none, too.

Gaz

If you're worried about rigging, aircraft like the Fokker DVII don't have a lot.  The Hansa-Brandeburg float planes are the similar in that regard.    The Junkers J1 is also fairly rigging free, but is still a bit tricky to build re: the wing alignment.

Even rigged ones like the Camel or the Albatros actually aren't too bad if you take your time, use EZ-Line and follow the instructions.  Same with the Dolphin.

I wouldn't start with a DH-2 or an FE-2, however.

Hope this helps,

Tim W.

Don't worry about the rigging, with ez-line, it's pretty simple. Some kits are buggers for tight tolerances, some have incredibly thin and fragile parts, others have high parts counts. A few kits I think are simple are (if you can find one) the discontinued Sopwith Pup, SE.5a Hisso, and Fokker E.II/E.III are relatively simple builds with a little bit of rigging.

If it's rigging that scares you you could go Junkers J.1 which has no rigging. Roland C.II which only has a little. Or next up, the Albatros D.V which has more than the Roland but less than any British plane. Oh, the Fokker D.VII has none, too.

Gaz

Well, DVII has a bit on landing gear and vertical stabilizer, but not much else.