Revell BF-110G-4 Update: Now using Cyber Hobby kit....

Daniel460

Well done Daniel, one of my favourite aircraft of all time.  I'll be interested to see what you make of this old kit, not built one myself but several in 1/48th.  Pulling up a comfortable chair for this build!  :popcorn:

Max

PS I have lots of reference material for Bf110s should you need anything.

Edited by mozart

Started this old girl many moons ago, lots of problems with it and real life stuff made me shelf it. I have some of the panel lines rescribed. Going to redo a lot of the cockpit, going to try and put the Schrage musik in. Increase the size of the tail rudder, and put the "bumps" in the engine nacelles. Trying to get a set of Henri Dahne props as we speak on Ebay, he told me he would put up a set this weekend.....I'll probably miss them :doh:

Started on the radiator intakes.

wTYulQ.jpg

Work in the pit, closed off the inside wing root, started some of the ribs. Lots of  adjusting to get it all in....

RBPE9C.jpg

A little blurry pic here. Got the cooling scoops on, glycol access hatch and the gauge cutout. I noticed that this cowl and the cowl on the Revell 110c/d are different. The "G" version is bigger? I guess I'll know better when and if I get the props from Henri. :hmmm:

OceZB2.jpg

OK, back to work. All questions and advice welcome and if anyone has a set of unneeded JR Rutman rudders for this I will gladly pay for them. :)

Dan

P.S. I do like Imageshack, it did cost 19.00 but worth it. No plug intended but PB drove me nuts.... :BANGHEAD2:

Well done Daniel, one of my favourite aircraft of all time.  I'll be interested to see what you make of this old kit, not built one myself but several in 1/48th.  Pulling up a comfortable chair for this build!  :popcorn:

Max

PS I have lots of reference material for Bf110s should you need anything.

Thanks Max, Really like the 110's also, I have the C/D and the Dragon "Dackelbauch". May need your help with some reference material as I get on....thanks!

Eduard made PE sets for this beast. OOP now, I believe.

Thanks Bill, I got both sets before they went OOP..... :)

:popcorn:

LOVE your avatar!

Cheers,

D.B.

I Love the Daytona Cobra D.B. Have a MFH kit on the shelf.... :thumbsup:

Edited by Daniel460

Very cool choice, Daniel! I very nearly chose this one myself, as I have all the Eduard and JRutman goodies for it, and am dying to build it. In the end, I decided it was too large a project for the scope of the GB.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with yours, however!

Kev

Trying to get all the issues with the kit reworked or roughed in, worked on the elevator most of the day. Scribed the panel lines and sanded off the raised panel lines. Had a panel line get a little ugly so I filled it and will rescribe it... :whistle:

Removed the molded in trim tab actuator. Will replace it closer to where it is supposed to be along with the trim tab balance. Filled in the little tab that was supposed to be the "hinge" ?

ZnHRGP.jpg

Removed the raised panel lines and rescribed...with the boo-boo. Will rescribe it. Black pen marks is where the balance will come through.

f1F72M.jpg

Boxed in the stabilizer root (is that right?) I was going to fill this in where the stabilizer meets the fuselage but the 110 stabilizer can be raised or lowered by the pilot.

3OGiye.jpg

While I was waiting for the putty to dry on the stabilized I did some work on the flanges for the radiator air scoops....

9k0e9U.jpg

....and started matching the panels on the nose. Going with the MK-108 cannons in the nose. Still have to open the vent hole .

2AANAl.jpg

Monday is here so another week of work, will try to get some updates during the week if I can. 

I do have the Henri Daehne prop sets on the way. Looking at some 300L drop tanks.....does it ever end?  :whistle:

Comments and questions always welcome.....

Dan

Looking good Daniel, I like the meticulous work. You're right about the horizontal tail plane, its incidence can be altered slightly by the pilot.

Max

Thanks Max. Trying to get some of the little problems squared away before I tackle the bigger ones....the rudders and the numerous others...:)

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Still plugging a long, work has my build time limited at the moment.

I've been working on the rudders, I think I have the shape and size issue pretty close. Trim tabs have been made also.

The one on the left has the plastic card attached, the one on the right has been fared in with Tamiya putty.

UA5l2L.jpg

Fairing for the trim tab linkage and hole for the trim tab balance weight.

ZTzo57.jpg

Trim tab in place.

8VWmDO.jpg

Also received the Henri Daehne props. Beautiful pieces!

7kQHNG.jpg

BMmNnX.jpg

Excellent four page instruction booklet! 

MSzsDU.jpg

Comments and questions always welcome..... :D

Dan

I like the rudders Daniel, my only concern would be whether the Tamiya putty ones will be robust enough, but you've obviously got confidence with it.  I looked at the link that you posted for those props and liked them so much that I was tempted to order them despite the fact that I don't have the kit!!  But I didn't....common sense prevailed (though I did look on eBay just in case a 110 was available!)

Max