Hph ME410 question

CATCplSlade

I actually got it off eBay from a dude in Texas. I compared it to Hph's site and I guess its gone up a little since you saw it as it's at $185 before the "tax" of $39, so unless that's a mistranslation of shipping then they have it for $224 plus shipping.I know there was a sale a while back but I wasn't in position to pull the trigger then.

This is my first resin purchase, and I know its not a beginner's model, but its such a cool looking plane and I don't know how long Hph hangs onto production runs, so...

All I know is that these kits build up beautiful. I would sleep on a cot in the corner to give up my bed for the Catalina if someone gave me one.

I am so tempted by the Cat ! .....I just love the aircraft and I may pull the trigger on one this fall.....my biggest issue right now, is that I live on a 35' boat, so not exactly sure where I would put it after it's built !...hehe ( and please dont tell me I could tie it off and share moorage...LOL )

Joe

Yeah, with a 39" wingspan that eats up a lot of boat real estate. Judging from the few boats that size I've been on, you probably don't have ceiling clearance either.

Well, if you decide to get and build one, you're always welcome to store it on my half of my bed. It's a king, so my wife should have no problem sharing.

Don't mind me asking, but why are you asking this if you already have it in your stash?

Price wise, it's about the same as a Tamiya mosquito, and the Me410 is the German equivalent of the Mosquito. The hph me410 has all the detail you could wish for, doesn't need aftermarket sets and it is a pretty unique model compared to an IM kit. Sure, it's a lot more work building the Hph kit then a Tamiya kit, but in my opinion much more rewarding. In that regard, 200 bucks is a pretty good price.

Just my 2 cents.

Just for clarification, the tax (VAT) is owed only by EU citizens. When living outside the EU, you therefore pay the price VAT excluded. In both instances, btw, this is the real turnover for the company. The VAT is collected from the customers and then paid back to the local (Czech in this instance) tax authorities. It is the same in all countries that have VAT: it's not applicable to export (out of the EU) sales.

For your own culture, VAT is one of the most successful ideas (judging by the number of "licencies") France had in the last 70 years ;)

Hubert

Just for clarification, the tax (VAT) is owed only by EU citizens. When living outside the EU, you therefore pay the price VAT excluded. In both instances, btw, this is the real turnover for the company. The VAT is collected from the customers and then paid back to the local (Czech in this instance) tax authorities. It is the same in all countries that have VAT: it's not applicable to export (out of the EU) sales.

For your own culture, VAT is one of the most successful ideas (judging by the number of "licencies") France had in the last 70 years ;)

Hubert

A good idea as it is the only tax really paid by everybody (in relation with the consummation), and it's a flat tax, but with so many other stupid ideas and thousands of other taxes ! :)

And the way VAT is due on already taxed products (like cigarettes or petrol related products) is not really fair.... You pay a tax over a tax !

You pay a tax over a tax !

Let me tell you how it will be

There's one for you, nineteen for me

Cos I'm the taxman, yeah, I'm the taxman

Should five per cent appear too small

Be thankful I don't take it all

Cos I'm the taxman, yeah I'm the taxman

If you drive a car, I'll tax the street

If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat

If you get too cold I'll tax the heat

If you take a walk, I'll tax your feet

Taxman!

Price wise, it's about the same as a Tamiya mosquito, and the Me410 is the German equivalent of the Mosquito ...

Actually ... the HpH FW Ta.154 'Moskito' is the German equivalent of the DH Mosquito ... being made of wood and all ... or a lest the attempt was there ...

Rog :)

Let me tell you how it will be

There's one for you, nineteen for me

Cos I'm the taxman, yeah, I'm the taxman

Should five per cent appear too small

Be thankful I don't take it all

If you drive a car, I'll tax the street

If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat

If you get too cold I'll tax the heat

If you take a walk, I'll tax your feet

Taxman!

That 95% was an actual tax rate in the UK in the 60's.

Eye-watering.