Trumpeter Liberators on facebook

Guest Maxim

Notable things I'm seeing in the illustrations of the box art.  The B-24J has the Emerson nose turret and the side vision windows long left over from the tunnel gun that went the way of the do-do. Can't tell if the B-24D has a ball turret or not.  I hope they've engineered it so you can deploy and retract the ball turret to suit different tastes (in flight or on the ground).

If the kits mimic the box art (which we all know they do, exactly.... <_< ) it'll make it easier on me to turn the J into an H.  I sure hope that B-24D comes with the Sperry ball turret, I hate not having one.

Guest Clunkmeister

Just give me a good basic ACCURATE D and J.

Let the AM take it from there.

Edited by Clunkmeister

I was reading some of the comments on Facebook. There are some twits who are complaining that Trumpeter is bringing out such a large model when they themselves want a better version in 1/48 scale.

There are a number of turds who want to be the little Hitler who decrees what is to be made.

Tis indeed a funny world. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I have to stop wasting my time reading Facebook. :rofl:

:punk: "Keep on trucking." (quote R. Crumb)

While I wouldn't waste my time complaining about it in Facebook, I'm definitely one of those who wish we could see new tool 1/48 heavies. Who has room for a model with a 1m wingspan? Let alone multiples? Edited by Bstarr3

While I wouldn't waste my time complaining about it in Facebook, I'm definitely one of those who wish we could see new tool 1/48 heavies. Who has room for a model with a 1m wingspan? Let alone multiples?

The B-24 is a subject I will only build one of and I ditched my Monogram kit as soon as HB announced this. Yes, a new tooled kit in 48th would be awesome, but for those few of us that will only build one, this kit is a God send! Now if I could just find an HK B-17G at a reasonable price!

The B-24 is a subject I will only build one of and I ditched my Monogram kit as soon as HB announced this. Yes, a new tooled kit in 48th would be awesome, but for those few of us that will only build one, this kit is a God send! Now if I could just find an HK B-17G at a reasonable price!

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=73829

Hubert

In fairness, they have a point. A 1/32 Lib is something of a niche item, while a new tool 1/48 B-24  would be the proverbial "license to print money." 

Yes but,  the twit who was complaining that the 1/32 would be too big for his space was not referring to the manufacturer's ability to make money with the kit, he was complaining that he wants it in a smaller scale for his own convenience. His conversation had no reference to the money making ability of another 1/48 B-24

If he was a model builder I could see his need but the 1/48  kit exists and has existed for a long time. He just has no ability to alter, or change, or kitbash what he wants starting with the old 1/48 kit.  

There are really relatively few aircraft available in 1/32 compared to 1/48. Nevertheless selfish twit wants nothing but 1/48 kits which are small enough to fit into his small mind.

Screw the twit. :fight:

:punk:

Those inserts were a huge influence in my progression from a model builder to a modeller, and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in that!

ColinR

Not alone at all. :)

I'm desperately hoping these big flying box cars materialize. I love the Liberator to bits.

Edited by Gewehr 43