Wood decals to simulate cockpit flooring

Gerhard

so I go to the Michaels website, and see a few things that would work for other projects, like the 'white washed fence' paper................ I feel such a dope, I think I REALLY need to get out more.... I just can't believe I didn't think of such a simple solution ......

Why has this been hiding from us this entire time???  Its a conspiracy I tell you.  Not sure by whom, but SOMEBODY!!!

Dark woodLight wood  AND you can score a big discount.  On paper that's .14 cents for a 12x12 in sheet.  And I just spent like an obscene amount of $$ for AM... Oh boy...

:BANGHEAD2:

I acquired a similar sheet too long ago to remermber where from, but it was curled , perhaps like it was used to wrap cigars or something of similar diameter.

It's thinner than paper.

I also recall using pencil sharpenings to make the flooring duckboards in a Hurricane, but that was in 1/48. 

Edited by Chek

Why has this been hiding from us this entire time???  Its a conspiracy I tell you.  Not sure by whom, but SOMEBODY!!!

Dark woodLight wood  AND you can score a big discount.  On paper that's .14 cents for a 12x12 in sheet.  And I just spent like an obscene amount of $$ for AM... Oh boy...

:BANGHEAD2:

Of course, it's FREE.... if you have a smoker friend 😜

16_A7_E1_BD_D264_43_B9_B0_EA_823_FF6212_'

So went to Michaels and picked up a few sheets.  The printing is not bad, but the scale is pretty large - you will have to be very careful what part of the sheet to use at 1/24,1/28, 1/32.  But they do look good and the price is right!

Chris

Of course, it's FREE.... if you have a smoker friend

16_A7_E1_BD_D264_43_B9_B0_EA_823_FF6212_'

That looks AWESOME.  Nice color too...  There is a smoke shop in my neighborhood.  I may have to stop by and see what wood they have.  "Hi, I don't smoke, but you know those sheets of wood the cigars are wrapped up in?  Can I take a look and see what you have?"   :whistle:

• 2 weeks later...

My question for the wood decals as well as the spraying stencils is about scale.  It seems to me that, even in 1/32, there's a lot more visible wood grain than there should be.  I feel that the old WNW oil paint method provides a realistic scale effect without the grain being too big.