CF-104 - Hasegawa

LSP_Ron

Thanks folks!

You've talked me into the white tip tanks version. Now for the green. There are 5 or 6 versions of it out there. I have the IPMS Canada color chip book which is the real paint.  None of them look like that picture. The picture is a far lighter and more olive green. The color chart are all so dark they are almost black.  I dabbed a little FS34086 onto a chip and I think it's what I will go with if I can find some.   I also got a little building done.  Glued the panels in for the gun and air brakes.  Glued the tail onto each fuse half and started the cockpit. 

KwW6OT6.jpg

HmfzNWe.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I've actually done something on a model!   The Hase cockpit is pretty basic so I didn't spend much time on it. This one will have the can of peas closed.  Not much to say about the build to be honest.  A little putty here and there and it's ready for paint. 

RSLSNVX.jpg

9MKQMME.jpg

xJGiuBd.jpg

7H3OOIF.jpg

How does this kit compare to the Italeri offering or am I comparing Apples/Oranges here?

I don't know about Apples and Oranges.  The Italeri kit is more detailed for sure especially in the cockpit area but the Hase kit isn't all that bad for it's age. The biggest downfall is surface detail. Hase's is all raised (but fine) panel lines where the Italeri kit looks like it was engraved with a chainsaw.  I personnally prefer the Hase kit and would suggest an AM cockpit.  My next 104 will be a Hase two seater conversion.