Hasegawa 1/32 FW-190D9

Warbird

Nice work so far Warbird !

At the risk of sounding a little narcissistic, I have to ask..... was my thread over on LSM a source of inspiration ? Well, at least I hope so.

http://forum.largescalemodeller.com/topic/4164-132-hasegawa-fw-190-d9/

All the best for the rest of your build,

Cheers,

Peter.

Riveting started on the fuselage.

For some areas where my small ruler or Dymo tape cannot help I use my Rosie to (slightly) place the rivets and then I revisit each tiny hole with my MDC tool.

By the way, what's interesting with such rivets is that they are both recessed (the circle) and raised (the bump). Once paint is applied over, you can slightly sand it to reveal the underneath alu paint (or platic if it is grey) or/and add a wash like in any recessed area.

img_0225.jpg

• 2 months later...

Your riviting is...riviting. Very nice albeit time consuming work for sure. I am happy that Mark pointed out the 20mm cannon mounts on the wing spar. That area is haunting modelers almost as bad as the wings getting switched on the D-9 and D-13 by the Air Force all those years ago.

And that prop set is obviously one of the most superior sets I have ever seen!  Concerning the nacelle gun cover I firmly believe Jerry Crandalls' version is the most correct in shape by far and would be worth the little effort required to get it snug. We spent a lot of time years ago discussing that area  and I re did that rear part of the cover to look just like that for my open engine set in resin. It should be more flat between the gun bulges than Hasegawa did it,that's for certain.  You are doing this build justice man and I am enjoying it.

J

Edited by JRutman

• 5 weeks later...