Rules of the Road

LSP_Kevin

In other words, do I have to declare the kit I'm building, do a build log, or just show up before the end with some photos of the finished plane and say "I'm HERE!!!" :doh:

You don't have to 'declare' the kit you're building, but it definitely requires a build log! No queue jumping.

Kev

Hello all

I've been lurking for a while but i've been drawn to the forum due to the enthusiam shown towards Great War aircraft, which are the only things I build these days.

Currently I'm just rigging up my DH2 then I'd like to enter the GB with probably a Hannover (frisket film on standby), but maybe a Bavarian Albatros with a start date most likely around the end of the month.

Gary

Hello all

I've been lurking for a while but i've been drawn to the forum due to the enthusiam shown towards Great War aircraft, which are the only things I build these days.

Currently I'm just rigging up my DH2 then I'd like to enter the GB with probably a Hannover (frisket film on standby), but maybe a Bavarian Albatros with a start date most likely around the end of the month.

Gary

Welcome aboard Gary!

:post1:

You're most welcome to join the GB. Looking forward to your submission!

Kev

Hello all

Gary

Yes, welcome to LSP!

Looking forward to your GB entry..................I just finished rigging up my WnW DH-2 as well -

DSC00895.jpg

I have to assume since you've already started rigging that you know in which order you want to rig which wires, but there is a really good .pdf on Bobs Buckles site that can be very useful

Cheers,

Hi to everyone, new guy here. Have visited and viewed the forums for a few years now in fact, but I recently became enthusiastic with the Great War fighters and when I came accross this forum, ............... well I had to sign on. As per the stated rules, my WNW Pfalz D.XII is well past the entry stage, but when it is finished I will be getting another (not sure which) from WNW and enter it. Been modeling for years, but this is my first real WWI attempt. Almost a completely different approach in the fuselage build, and I'll go about it a little differently on the next one, having painted, assembled, AND decaled everything before assembling the fuse. But that is why I'll hang around here and watch you all for better ways and means.

I noticed a refference to "Bob's Buckles" is this a web site, and if so could someone provide me a link? I'm completely in the dark as for as rigging goes.

Will

Does the subject your building need to have flown in the war, or just that the type did? Ie: if I built a 1020's British middle eastern service Ninak, would that ualify? Or does the sheme we chooseneed to be WWl as well?

I'd say strictly speaking it would have to have served during WW1, but since we're about inclusion and participation here, I say have it.

Kev

Brian

It was your excellent build that occupied most of my lurking time to be honest, there aren't too many dh2 builds on the net to follow and I gained a lot from yours.

I have seen that guide from Tim West and I've found it useful in conjunction with the WNW instructions because I sometimes find their instructions hard to follow.

Gary