F-23A in 1/48

F`s are my favs

• 2 weeks later...

The nose section is attached, and filled, and sanded, and reshaped... Before...

photo_1.jpg

photo_2.jpg

And after. :) There will be plenty of "natural" oil canning btw:

photo_3.jpg

photo_4.jpg

This is a little bit more overall. The white is Tamiya White Putty, everything esle is 4 types of molten plastic :). The kit plastic is quite covered, but that`s how to change the shape...

photo_5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The cockpit is done. Pilot and seats are in, HUD is on, and the canopy is prepped as well. But first here are some pics from the making of the cockpit :)) YEah it`s finally time to post them:

wer.jpg

wer2.jpg

wer3.jpg

And after...

photo_1.jpg

It`s not that visible that the canopy is dimmed, cause of the sunlight, but it is:

photo_2.jpg

photo_3.jpg

photo_4.jpg

Testfitted still:

photo_5.jpg

photo_1_1.jpg

photo_2_1.jpg

Btw the rudders are glued too. Now some sanding of the seamlines of the lower aft fuselage, and some silhouette photos will be following...

She's prepped 4 paint :) What a sight underneath, mhh?... Gotta give it a good soapy wash before that. Just check out all the white spots, which is from the white putty to fill the smaller imperfections. All the major conversions are from the darker colors. A couple of pics from the top and bottom, and a couple from the side:

photo_1.jpg

photo_2.jpg

photo_3.jpg

photo_4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This is at nighttime, but i think the RAM lines are more visible than at daylight. So i added absolutely all the panel lines as on the concept image on the top fuselage, while on the bottom fuselage - a little less complicated interpretation. :) And this is after a second thin coat of Surfacer 1500. First, i made these templates out of thin transparent plastic, which let me to easily follow the curves as well as see the already scribed patterns:

45rtg.jpg

edf.jpg

...and here she is:

photo_1.jpg

photo_2.jpg

photo_3.jpg

photo_1_1.jpg

photo_2_1.jpg

photo_4.jpg

photo_5.jpg

The Alclads are going through a thorough shaking...