1/16 Takom Renault FT-17 tank WIP NEW Update 11 , BASE UPDATE PICTURE

TonyT

Ok, my next build will be the French F-17 Char canon / Girod turret model

This is the model which is on order

FT-C%20boxart9705308.jpg

http://www.takom-world.com/page/56/44.htm

Along with an upgrade kit which is linked below

http://www.militarymodelling.com/news/article/ft-17-detailing-set-for-the-takom-kit-in-1-16/17073

The colour scheme is going to be really out there........ And I am going to attempt to paint and build it as this

4280841654_26ab6fd519.jpg

FT~17~de~flanc~Kaboul.JPG

FT~17~Train~$2B~Caisse.JPG

FT~17~Bloc~m$3Fcanisme.JPG

I know, I must be mad :mental:

I have been trying my hand at painting rusts today on the spare engine covers that came with my 1/16 Panzer 38T, though I will texture it as well when I do the kit  :innocent:

Panzer%20rust%20test%202%20of%201_zpstoj

Edited by TonyT

I have 2 version of this father or all modern tanks in the stash, and i plan to buy the others (with hexagonal turret).

So of course i'll follow you WIP with interest Tony !

(I've started one of my kits, and i must say that the tracks are nicely detailed but a bit time consuming to assemble !)

Edited by Zero77

I have been trying my hand at painting rusts today on the spare engine covers that came with my 1/16 Panzer 38T, though I will texture it as well when I do the kit  :innocent:

Panzer%20rust%20test%202%20of%201_zpstoj

Amazing !!! That looks like real rusty steel plates !

Your rust is spectacular. This should be amazing to watch. And I agree with wanting to know how you got that rust effect and color. Very fine work.

What's not to love about that clunky little machine? Everyone seems to have used it and used it and used it. I think they even found one in Afghanistan and brought it to a museum in the US recently.

Tnarg

It's very hard to explain, I use the Vallejo rust set amongst others, but that was only really to get me the colours I wanted, I normally just slap it on and steer it around until I'm happy, it's not that difficult and didn't take me that long, though it's one of the most relaxing things I do, I love painting rust lol,,

This is a still born kit I never finished, but it was just done for the relaxation in painting it, and to make it different from all the to the movie set build finishes you see over and over again, it was the Falcon 50 years or so on..

mil4.jpg

Lol never did finish that, but I digress, back to the tank when it arrives and I will try to do a guide to how I paint it :)

BTW, bar the rattle can matt white base, the rest is hand painted :)

Edited by TonyT

Your rust is spectacular. This should be amazing to watch. And I agree with wanting to know how you got that rust effect and color. Very fine work.

What's not to love about that clunky little machine? Everyone seems to have used it and used it and used it. I think they even found one in Afghanistan and brought it to a museum in the US recently.

Tnarg

They did, It was used by the Germans in WW2, and one was believed to be still in service in Afghanistan in the 80's, not bad for a WW1 tank.

The one I am doing is the one of the two (both shown above)  recovered to the US from Aghanistan.

Edited by TonyT

• 4 weeks later...

Ok a little update, kit is here and have been playing around with part of the tracks, realising in a scrapyard she will be surrounded by scrap I have put Herman in charge of painting some of the spare parts off my Panzer 38T kit, additionally I have sourced a 1/16 oil drum and Herman  has  painted that up to represent an old Castrol drum for the diorama..

Herman showing off his work so far. :wicked:

barrel%202%20of%201_zpsfzgour79.jpg

P38T%20complete%20main%207%20of%201_zpsk

Stag%20trees%201%20of%201_zpshr15rw38.jp

Edited by TonyT