Just Tested New MIssion Models Acrylics--Great Paint

Stuka

Howdy All,

I'm still learning how to work this here forum thingy :mental:

I just finished putting the new Mission Model Acrylic primers and paints through the Model Paint Solutions Spray Test and was really impressed.

Here's a link to the article:

https://modelpaintsol.com/guides/mission-models-acrylic-paints

I'd love to hear from anyone who's used Mission Model paints or has any information as to how they perform.

They blew me away: the most forgiving paint I've ever shot.

Happy Modeling !!

--John

• 1 month later...

Howdy All,

I'm still learning how to work this here forum thingy :mental:

I just finished putting the new Mission Model Acrylic primers and paints through the Model Paint Solutions Spray Test and was really impressed.

Here's a link to the article:

https://modelpaintsol.com/guides/mission-models-acrylic-paints

I'd love to hear from anyone who's used Mission Model paints or has any information as to how they perform.

They blew me away: the most forgiving paint I've ever shot.

Happy Modeling !!

--John

My LHS just got them in so I bought a couple bottles based on some reviews I read online. I only bought a couple bottles of primer as I mainly wanted to see how it works on resin.

I tried them on a current build and I like their adhesion to bare plastic. I have yet to try them on resin but how to do so soon.

So far, they seem to spray nicely. I got a fairly smooth finish and didn't have any issues.

It sands well too and feathers nicely.

Carl

Guest Peterpools

I've heard very good reports about the new paint line but I still question do we really need another new line of acrylic paints?

MRP Paints: (lacquer) my go to paints.

I also still use quite a lot of acrylic paints:

Tamiya

Model Air

Mig

AK

Hataka

At this point, I need to test Mission paints but they would have to be vastly superior, to replace some of my paints. :hmmm:

Peter

• 3 weeks later...

I've heard very good reports about the new paint line but I still question do we really need another new line of acrylic paints?

Tamiya

Model Air

Mig

AK

Hataka

At this point, I need to test Mission paints but they would have to be vastly superior, to replace some of my paints. :hmmm:

Peter

Hey Peter,

Where I would say Mission Models paints have something the others don't is how easy it is to do fine-line work with them.

There's very little tip dry so when properly diluted and shot through a 0.15mm tip I can get 1mm lines and less all day with very little effort.

I just shot my first video last week in the hope of putting some "how-to" fine-line demonstration videos on my site in the next few weeks.

We're starting with fine-line Mission Models and fine-line Vallejo techniques first.

I'll give you a heads-up when they're posted.

Thanks for the response and best regards,

--John

Guest Peterpools

Hi John

They do sound very promising and I need to give them a thorough testing. Since switching over to MRP lacquer paints I've gotten very spoiled on how easy it is to shoot a very fine line, using my H&S Infinity CR Plus with a .2 tip.

I've also been playing a bit more around with both Tamiya and Model Air and I can get close but still no cigar. I've been thinning both acrylics quite heavily, adding retarder and shooting at a bit higher then 10 psi working pressure and the results are very good. Once I get a way from fine lines, the acrylics seems to shoot smooth as silk. I've also started adding the retarder to the MRP paints, as the house is pretty dry in the winter with forced hot air heat.

Looking forward to more of your testing

Peter

Hey Peter,

Where I would say Mission Models paints have something the others don't is how easy it is to do fine-line work with them.

There's very little tip dry so when properly diluted and shot through a 0.15mm tip I can get 1mm lines and less all day with very little effort.

I just shot my first video last week in the hope of putting some "how-to" fine-line demonstration videos on my site in the next few weeks.

We're starting with fine-line Mission Models and fine-line Vallejo techniques first.

I'll give you a heads-up when they're posted.

Thanks for the response and best regards,

--John

John,

Definitely looking forward to the Vallejo fine line technique. I'm still on a learning curve regarding the Vallejo paints whereas with the Model Master Acryl I'm pretty confident.  But I like the Vallejo paint as it drys quickly, is very robust and smooth.  Thanks!  Chris

• 4 weeks later...

Tamiya

Model Air

Mig

AK

Hataka

Peter

I have to wholeheartedly agree. Over the past few year the water based acrylics have become super popular. Some have panned out very well, but it's a tough sell to prove to me that the polyurethane (?) type of paints are actually a better product than the proven Tamiya & Gunze (both of which are phenomenal performers with their Lacquer based thinners). My few attempts at working with the Polyurethane primers as left much to desire when compared to using a good lacquer based primer which is going to be MUCH better in adhesion than anything water soluable. 

Maybe some day I'll give the Mission Models name a try, but in the mean time I'll stick with the others including the amazing Mr. Paint line which sprays like ink out of your H&S Airbrush.