F-100D Trumpeter.July 4th - 100% complete

crobinsonh

For some reason I did not take any photo of the underside painted. Here we are at the masking stage.

Nxg8tK.jpg

And now we today I have been working with the camouflage. I worked the colours to look weathered although the spattered effect was a little to obvious. I did tone this down with micro mesh afterwards.

jchPxz.jpg

yXZUaG.jpg

0k03An.jpg

C1IYaD.jpg

Now onto the green!

Moving onto the next stage. Again using Gunze Mr Color paints (as with all the painting so far). A couple of mistakes to clear up along the way. I do love the brutish looks ofthe "Hun". I used Mr Sol to dab the model in areas of high wear after the metallic undercoat but before the camoflage painting started. Then just rub the model with a cloved hand and it all comes off nicely.

YfdxLY.jpg

tpcuG9.jpg

gB8crK.jpg

3Zm9Su.jpg

UcI8GQ.jpg

QVR8Fw.jpg

Edited by crobinsonh

Disaster strikes - I removed the masking tape and was feel pretty happy when I decided to drop the jet from about 2 feet nose first onto a wooden floor.

Resin nose broken plus numerous cracks suddenly appearing

cApM1c.jpg

Cracks in the wing joints

ETqbSH.jpg

Again wing joints

MiKZw6.jpg

PE bits for clips etc pinged off

lxh0pz.jpg

XFfBOp.jpg

Momentarily I thought about just junking the whole project. But after several minutes of calming down I realised that I love the Hun too much and really want to finish it.

Resin repair kit out next...