• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#16 MikeC

MikeC

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 04:01 PM

I'll be there, with my club (Milton Keynes), and I'll hopefully have something to contribute to the LSP stand.

Anyway, I need to pick up the figure I left on the stand at Cosford (and many thanks to Phartycr0c for rescuing him and keeping him safe).

Edited by MikeC, 22 August 2017 - 08:01 AM.

• MARU5137 and BiggTim like this

Michael
IPMS MK
; IPMS Avon Life member; member of quite a few SIGs, including of course LSP/32SIG.

“A creative artist works on his next composition because he was not satisfied with his previous one.” – Dmitri Shostakovich

#17 BiggTim

BiggTim

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 04:47 PM

So is Telford like the UK Nationals? I am curious because it occurs in the same place every year.

Edited by BiggTim, 21 August 2017 - 04:48 PM.

• MARU5137 likes this

In progress: 1/32 Trumpy P-38L (very slowly), 1/32 Trumpy Me-109E-4, and some others.....

On deck: Can't choose between 190D-13 "Yellow 10", Hase P-47D, or Tamiya Corsair....

Completed in 2015: Hasegawa F6F-3 Hellcat, Hase Me-163 Jagerfaust , 1/16 Fokker DVII Scratchbuilt Wooden Skeleton

#18 Jack

Jack

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,090 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 06:42 PM

11-12 November

thanks, noted.......

• MARU5137 likes this

everyone in the circuit switch off your radios....now switch 'em back on again......

#19 MARU5137

MARU5137

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,269 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 06:57 PM

So is Telford like the UK Nationals? I am curious because it occurs in the same place every year.

Yes...

https://youtu.be/BBnZOgpjeCg

Res Non Verba .

La calma è la virtù dei forti !

Potius Mori quam foedari.

#20 Iain (32SIG)

Iain (32SIG)

• LSP Moderator
  • 7,107 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 06:59 PM

Yes, and no...

In effect yes, but it's really a multi-national event - an awful lot of the comp winners are from outside the UK.

To many of us old'uns it's the IPMS Nats - been called Scale Modelworld for some years now.

Whilst it does have a major competition, it's just as much about the club and Special Interest Group displays, intermingled with the great and the good in terms of manufacturers and distributors.

It's very much about the social side of a shared hobby and chewing the fat on the various stands. And you see some stunning work on the stands that aren't entered in the competition - many just display their work and aren't interested in entering the competition.

Most folks that have visited from the US seem to like the format - but I'll leave it to members that fall into that category to make a comparison and give thoughts.

LSP/32SIG always has a large display - and plenty of free banter  :)

We'd love to see as many of you as possible one day!!

Iain

• TaffyMan, MARU5137, BiggTim and 1 other like this

1280-4.jpg

Iain Ogilvie - http://www.aeronut.co.uk

#21 MARU5137

MARU5137

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,269 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 06:59 PM

Res Non Verba .

#22 MARU5137

MARU5137

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,269 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 07:03 PM

Hey Iain .... when are you going ...which date so I can arrange this food lark thingy.

:frantic:
  • CANicoll likes this

Res Non Verba .

#23 Iain (32SIG)

Iain (32SIG)

• LSP Moderator
  • 7,107 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 07:05 PM

There from Friday early evening to set up the stand - until close on Sunday Maru.

Offline Saturday from late morning, until late afternoon, to perform judging duties...

Would be great to see you!  :)

Iain

• MARU5137 likes this

1280-4.jpg

#24 BiggTim

BiggTim

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 07:13 PM

Looks like fun, though a summer trip might be more pleasurable for the family sightseeing and what not. November tends to be bit rainy, I understand.

In progress: 1/32 Trumpy P-38L (very slowly), 1/32 Trumpy Me-109E-4, and some others.....

On deck: Can't choose between 190D-13 "Yellow 10", Hase P-47D, or Tamiya Corsair....

Completed in 2015: Hasegawa F6F-3 Hellcat, Hase Me-163 Jagerfaust , 1/16 Fokker DVII Scratchbuilt Wooden Skeleton

#25 MostlyRacers

MostlyRacers

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,981 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 07:27 PM

You're already a master of British understatement, Tim ;)

Hubert
  • Iain (32SIG), BiggTim and Bomber_County like this

#26 karimb

karimb

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 07:40 PM

Planning on it. I have a Lebanese friend already booked and ready for this year. Trying to fit my schedule to attend. Maybe bring some of my kits over for display too if anyone makes a little space for me... I still need to send an email to IPMS UK to enquire about IPMS Lebanon chapter member's eligibility to participate in the masters category...

• Iain (32SIG) and Phartycr0c like this

OUT OF THE HANGAR:  WnW AEG G.IV White.VII (RFI/WIPWnW Fokker E.II (RFI)  Academy F/A18-D (RFI)  WnW Albatros B.II (RFI) WnW Fokker DVII (RFI) WnW AMC DH.2 (RFI) Tamiya F4U-1 Arkansas Traveler (RFI) WnW Roland D.VIb (RFI)

WIP: 

Check out my blog on Smugmug                                        i-6kV8Kvp-Th.jpg

#27 MARU5137

MARU5137

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,269 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 07:47 PM

There from Friday early evening to set up the stand - until close on Sunday Maru.

Offline Saturday from late morning, until late afternoon, to perform judging duties...

Would be great to see you! :)

Iain

So when's the best time to see you and leave the food for you and those hungry UK LSP members Such as Phartycr0c,Mike C, your friend Dave (the Cop I met) etc..

You know the food will cover everyone that WE know on here that will (and should) come by your Table to say hello and help you and Cameron et al scoff the food!

So let Me know when is the best day and time....

Would love to see you there too.

And Cameron too.

:thumbsup:

Edited by MARU5137, 21 August 2017 - 07:49 PM.

• Iain (32SIG), Phartycr0c and BiggTim like this

Res Non Verba .

#28 Bomber_County

Bomber_County

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 07:52 PM

Been trying to book hotels in Telford, guess have to stay farther out abandoned travel in, just so everyone's aware....
  • BiggTim likes this
Phil.

LSP - On the bench - Tamiya Birdcage, SH Tempest V - hi tech
LSP - Stash - Tamiya Mosquito, Revell Ju87B, 1/24 P51D Mustang

#29 Iain (32SIG)

Iain (32SIG)

• LSP Moderator
  • 7,107 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 08:00 PM

You're already a master of British understatement, Tim ;)

Hubert

He'd fit in perfectly Hubert  :)

Planning on it. I have a Lebanese friend already booked and ready for this year. Trying to fit my schedule to attend. Maybe bring some of my kits over for display too if anyone makes a little space for me... I still need to send an email to IPMS UK to enquire about IPMS Lebanon chapter member's eligibility to participate in the masters category...

That would be brilliant Karim - as far as I'm aware you'll be eligible to enter - will check for you and report back.

As to space in the display - we'd make room - and if you do come over please use the stand as your 'home' for the weekend.

So when's the best time to see you and leave the food for you and those hungry UK LSP members Such as Phartycr0c,Mike C, your friend Dave (the Cop I met) etc..

You know the food will cover everyone that WE know on here that will (and should) come by your Table to say hello and help you and Cameron et al scoff the food!

So let Me know when is the best day and time....

Would love to see you there too.

And Cameron too.

:thumbsup:

Probably best have a conversation via pm closer to the date Maru - that amazing food you brought last time is making my mouth water just thinking about it!!  :thumbsup:

Young Cameron is getting excited already - and might enter one of the junior classes this year.

Iain

• Phartycr0c, MARU5137, BiggTim and 1 other like this

1280-4.jpg

#30 Iain (32SIG)

Iain (32SIG)

• LSP Moderator
  • 7,107 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 08:10 PM

Been trying to book hotels in Telford, guess have to stay farther out abandoned travel in, just so everyone's aware....

They all get booked up almost a year before now - if it helps I can thoroughly recommend the accommodation at the University of Wolverhampton - Telford campus.

Iain

• MARU5137, BiggTim and Bomber_County like this

1280-4.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users