AFV Club Husky VMMD with HMDS conversion / DIO part 1

karimb

Absolutely brilliant, Karim- cheers! The Punisher logo is perfect- impressive work on that mask, and all the cables and tubing as well. WOW!

excited-baby-back-car.gif

Hey Chukw!

thanks for taking the time to leave a word!

Silhouette plotter is really a cool tool. I try to do almost all of my stuff as painted on masks in 32nd scale and thought yeah why not have a bit of a laugh and do something more artistic!

Superb workmanship on this model ...not something you see built everyday....a very refreshing change of pace !!

Joe

Joe my friend!

Thanks for taking the time to leave a word and thanks for being so kind!

Definitely a change of pace!

• 1 month later...

Agree with you a hundred percent...i went and bought this exotic Flyer ASLV72 from blackdog and it also looks pretty cool as a vehicle. the kit is also very very nice and is all resin. 

I sure do remember Halodude and the epic Husky he built on ARC and i remember scratching my head and thinking what a strange thing it was, so we are very blessed now to have all those kits out in IM...AND have all this cool aftermarket to add to them like the HMDS...who would have thought that would have been possible only a few years back!

Trumpeter produces a 16th scale M-ATV? i didnt know that until you told me. Must be quite the imposing bit of hardware... you seem to have it well planned out with the am stuff. The Maxxpro should be much beefier at that scale... i am very curious about what your impressions are on those kits. let me know here or pm me your thoughts... quite interesting how the more we build the more we are moving into bigger scales lol!

Karim

Sorry for the late reply. You are right...these days we have great subject choices and cool AM stuff to dress them all up. As for the 1/16 MRAP's...they are very good with sharp detail, however not 100% perfect like some of their smaller brothers and sisters. From what I gather they were first released as built toys. Similar to 1/72 Satrn V by Dragon. Also, there is a big void of AM in this scale but I'm hoping it will change soon since we have new 1/16 T-72 and (Tamiya & Trumpeter) M1A1 tanks coming out.

Below is a of 1/16 M-ATV build on armorama to give you an idea of the kit. As for Maxxpro, I have yet to see one build online.

http://www.armorama.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=viewtopic&topic_id=245029&page=1

Btw, did you do a home made template for the art on HMDS? TIA

Mike

Sorry for the late reply. You are right...these days we have great subject choices and cool AM stuff to dress them all up. As for the 1/16 MRAP's...they are very good with sharp detail, however not 100% perfect like some of their smaller brothers and sisters. From what I gather they were first released as built toys. Similar to 1/72 Satrn V by Dragon. Also, there is a big void of AM in this scale but I'm hoping it will change soon since we have new 1/16 T-72 and (Tamiya & Trumpeter) M1A1 tanks coming out.

Below is a of 1/16 M-ATV build on armorama to give you an idea of the kit. As for Maxxpro, I have yet to see one build online.

http://www.armorama.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=viewtopic&topic_id=245029&page=1

Btw, did you do a home made template for the art on HMDS? TIA

Mike

Hey Mike...

i skimmed over somewhere regarding the T72 in 1/16

That would be a beast and if someone's got enough patience you can turn it out into a beast first thing that comes to mind is the Syrian conflict... beat up broken modified 72 with some scratch you can do the in field modifications you see on those...

i might consider that one...wait let me see ebay has it? salary just got in my account two days ago lol ... damn

Thanks for the link btw. i also stumbled upon the fact meng produces a 6x6 mrap i had no idea they did...

Yes the artwork is homemade. plotted on the silhouette cutter. if you ever need anything done just drop me a line i'll be more than happy to make masks for you my friend!

Karim

Bro, be careful what you offer to me as I just might take you :D You are right about the T-72...builds can be endless or until your wallet coughs out saying no more :lol: I'm hoping to get one when it becomes available with the big abrams. You know, I would love to see the 6x6 Cougar or Buffalo in this scale. Imagine a 1/16 6x6 Buffalo with Slate armor? It would be totally awesome.

Yes, Meng Cougar is nice, not 100% Tamiya Mosquito like but noooiiice. Oh and forgot to add to the above comment...as i've heard/read from the horses mouth that there is 1/16 AM stuff coming down the pipelines from Legend. So, it's a start ;)

Anyway, like I said...be careful what you offer :lol: Thanks brother. Stay safe and AIM high ;)

Bro, be careful what you offer to me as I just might take you :D You are right about the T-72...builds can be endless or until your wallet coughs out saying no more :lol: I'm hoping to get one when it becomes available with the big abrams. You know, I would love to see the 6x6 Cougar or Buffalo in this scale. Imagine a 1/16 6x6 Buffalo with Slate armor? It would be totally awesome.

Yes, Meng Cougar is nice, not 100% Tamiya Mosquito like but noooiiice. Oh and forgot to add to the above comment...as i've heard/read from the horses mouth that there is 1/16 AM stuff coming down the pipelines from Legend. So, it's a start ;)

Anyway, like I said...be careful what you offer :lol: Thanks brother. Stay safe and AIM high ;)

God bless, bro!

PM coming your way