49 replies to this topic

#46 alain11

alain11

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 09:55 PM

hi Nick

here is how the seat should  look like . it was an  pivoting metal seat enough deep to get the parachute .... , because of the specific stuffs you previously described  ( f uF 218 Neptune , and straight flame dampers ) some extra things could  be added like antennas . this 110 could be a 110 G4 b2 R 3 : under the wing / fuselage root there was a Fu G 101 ( radio altimeter antenna ) , and at the rear tip of the fuselage an antenna that looks like the one seen on JU 88 G  ( passive sensor antenna ) 

( yes , some other annoying stuffs !!!! :hmmm:    ) 

Alain

Alaintumblr_m7lyo7Jj7W1qk6uvyo1_1280.jpg

Edited by alain11, 09 December 2017 - 05:53 AM.

#47 fab

fab

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 09:07 AM

Hello Alain

The Hendon's example is good...this "thing" was shared between the radar radio operator and the gunner...I would be curious to see the effect of an Immelman with this apparatus on the crew...:-)

The example you show is for the previous versions of the 110E/F...note the bottom hood over the Mg mount.

Amities

Fab

#48 alain11

alain11

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 01:52 PM

Hello Alain

The Hendon's example is good...this "thing" was shared between the radar radio operator and the gunner...I would be curious to see the effect of an Immelman with this apparatus on the crew...:-)

The example you show is for the previous versions of the 110E/F...note the bottom hood over the Mg mount.

Amities

Fab

hello Fab 

you are French , so I presume you know Jean Claude Mermet ??? . I asked him infos about how could be the seat . his reply , was :" the seat looks like this ,it was a pivoting metal seat deep enough to receive the parachute " ( his words )  he doesn't tell this is THE... seat ....can we ( I) trust him ??? I am not an expert , so I trust .in the past , I 've needed his help , he never cheated on me .. That said , you are surely right about the E/F version......Nick will see what to think about this ...................an other dilemma  

Alain

Edited by alain11, 09 December 2017 - 09:50 PM.

#49 Cheetah11

Cheetah11

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 05:49 PM

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the interest. During this build I have realized that the internet provides a lot of information, but does not provide all the answers. I foolishly imagined at the start of the build that the Me 110 G-4 was as well documented as the Me 109 and the info would be readily available. I did not imagine the seat would generate so much interest. So the digging for information continues. I can see from reference photos the bucket type seat was fitted to the Me 110 C/D. Thanks for the photos Alain. If the Cyber Hobby E-2/Ttrop seat is correct, the Hendon type seat must have been fitted sometime on the Me 110 E production line and then on the F, G-2 and some G-4's. If the square type seat as depicted in the Aires and Monogram examples were indeed fitted, they were most likely only fitted on late G-4's where 3 crew members were carried as leoasman also theorized.

Alain I intend to fit all the antennas on the build. The photo of the aircraft I will model also shows the rear antenna, just with one dipole. I believe the other one was ripped off during the crash. If only one dipole was fitted, the mast on which it was fitted need not have been as long.

I have started on the dipoles but it still needs a bit of work. Music wire and brass.

IMG_2308.jpg

I also had to do a bit of detective work on the flame dampers. Measuring relative lengths on photo's I came to the conclusion they are close to 7 mm in diameter in 1/32 scale. The Owl website has scale drawings for their 1/48 scale resin flame dampers, so I used this to determine position and length. The rear exhaust stub still needs to be reworked.  

IMG_2301.jpg

Edited by Cheetah11, 09 December 2017 - 05:53 PM.

• leoasman, Daniel460 and Gazzas like this

#50 Daniel460

Daniel460

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 06:49 AM

Looking great Nick. Dipoles look the part! :thumbsup:

I hope to get some bench time in tomorrow for a few hours.... :whistle:

Dan

1 user(s) are reading this topic