1/72nd Tu-160 'Blackjack', An-22 'Antei' & IL-20M

Radders

Guest Jessie_C

Watch for the fit of the cockpit cover of the IL-20. My IL-18's was about 1mm too wide at the lower right corner so I had to build up a portion of fuselage with Superglue and Milliput to match. It turned out alright in the end. I also had loads of trouble getting the engine nacelles to fit and play nicely with the fibreglass wings.

35381608771_f28b327e21_b.jpg

Jessie that looks stunning ! More pictures please. pretty please :)

Radders the cockpit paint seems to be spot on,how do you like Akan paint?

Cheers

M.

Superb to be honest, I've only two bottles of AKAN paint and both this one colour. One is thinned and one is spare. I just thinned it with water and it goes on lovely. Scratches off easy, so prime the area first, or like I did for the interior, just Alclad matt over the top. Seems to be OK and as it's never going to be touched, should last forever....?!

I have very few photos of the completed kit.

IL_-18_15.jpg

35381608821_1fc5efb6ca_b.jpg

During construction:

IL-18_1.jpg

IL-18_2.jpg

Cheers Jessica, Ken Duffey (Flankerman) told me about the nose on the IL-18's, mine is also a pain... the nose is fitted and the clear parts are ready to go on... I just haven't got round to it yet, but lots of fettling needed to get it that far.

Love your IL-18 btw!

• 1 month later...

that's such a cool looking machine isn't it. I love some of the Russian aircraft designs. Some not so much - I think you either love them or hate them. Either way, you have to hand it to the Russians - they came out with some pretty out-there designs.

I like the look of it without props. It would make quite a cool "what-if" subject - a jet powered Be-12.

How's the 160 coming along? I have that kit and would live to start it but have no room for such a massive aircraft right now

Wow Radders, great to see you still posting given your recent news ... I got smashed and didn't build anything for a long time after my first was born. For the second, I did quite a few night time feeds, and would do half an hour on my tomcat dio after each one ... made some great progress that way until Ally started sleeping through!

Cheers

Jim

that's such a cool looking machine isn't it. I love some of the Russian aircraft designs. Some not so much - I think you either love them or hate them. Either way, you have to hand it to the Russians - they came out with some pretty out-there designs.

I like the look of it without props. It would make quite a cool "what-if" subject - a jet powered Be-12.

How's the 160 coming along? I have that kit and would live to start it but have no room for such a massive aircraft right now

Hey Madhatter, thanks! The Tu-160 had slowed right down due to becoming a dad on the 1st, but now I'm doing the nightshift feeds, it should come back out, I'm just not sure I will get much painting done yet when looking after Flo.

​If you like the look of it and think jets would look cool, Google the Beriev R-1... :D

Wow Radders, great to see you still posting given your recent news ... I got smashed and didn't build anything for a long time after my first was born. For the second, I did quite a few night time feeds, and would do half an hour on my tomcat dio after each one ... made some great progress that way until Ally started sleeping through!

Cheers

Jim

Cheers Jim, as above I'm staying up till about 2-3am doing the night feeds and then Jen takes over till the morning, so I can get a 4-5 hours before work and Jen gets some sleep from 9-10pm till 2-3am. Sadly, drinking is a no go for me as I'm on medication 24-7, but hopefully only for another 12 months...

Funky looking plane!

It is, and my all time favourite amphibious float plane! :)

Hi guys,

Something that has been on the bench for a while is this, the Modelsvit Be-12 that I'm converting into a Be-12P, RA-00046.

36283258874_d5f22a307c_b.jpg

SO cool looking!  I have a 1/72nd Martin Mariner, and even have the ONLY piece of AM in that scale of ANYTHING, which is a GR.1 conversion for the PBM-5A kit. 

This really reminds me of a Mariner!

Love it