T.G.E.A.C.P.S.F.

Heeey, my Friend Loic-san! Not as cool as scratching up and casting my own engine parts like yourself, but an interesting diversion to Russville for entertainment. :rolleyes: Already got it painted and in the cowl, ready to attach to the fuselage actually. Whoopdidoo.

As promised, cockpit is done...and I got my new light set-up looking like a Hollywood stage! MUCH easier to take pics now. Here's a 'walk-around' of the pit pieces before they go into the black hole,...never to be seen again. :P These new lights show the colors I painted stuff much truer than my previous crappier pics. Are they correct? Dunno, but it's what I envisioned them to be. Here we go!

post-4413-1236512591.jpg

post-4413-1236512600.jpg

Little bit of a wash made them appear much 'busier'. This'll do.

On to the IP and seat. Basic stuff. I like Matt's IP better. Decals are OK, but his looks more 3-D and if I had the canopy opened I wouldn't have done it this way. IMHO.

post-4413-1236512832.jpg

Painted the pilot up to be a lieutenant. Still needs an oxygen hose, but ya'll get the idea.

post-4413-1236512841.jpg

Seat and pilot added. Once I put the other pit wall on, the only thing visible is some of the IP and the pilot from the shoulders up. Wheeew, I don't like taking pics this close up, makes all the blurbs WAY too visible! :rolleyes:

post-4413-1236513265.jpg

Last pic of the night before I zip the fuse up, put the wings and motor on, blah blah. Can't even tell I've got a captured R-2800 from a Hellcat or Corsair that crashed on the mainland in it, eh?! Would've looked a lot different if I'd have put that license-built Jumo-213 on the front. Kind of a flip-flop "anti-Ki-100" radial-to-inline project I had rolling around in my empty bucket of a head to get Loic all riled up. heh heh :rolleyes: Ooooh, it was close. Maybe next time.

Not enough time for any more 'deviating', so onto the next step. More pics as things progress. Russ

post-4413-1236514069.jpg

Hey dude,

it looks great and the paint looks much better with the new light ;)

Funny you mentionned the in-line treatment for the Ki-84 as I was reading your post earlier, sitted at my desk... starring at my Kate... and Tempest :P and I thought the Ki-84 would look beasty with the Tempest front end ...

When you know what this power unit is capable of doing to a 7 tons airframe like the Tempest one... imagine the package it would make and how it would perform into a ki-84 airframe :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Loic

Who is the MADMAN now??? That powerplant is a hoot, you could have done a 3350 for a "hose-nose" Frank! I love your pilots, they always seem ready for action. Keep those pics coming.

Full speed ahead to Russville! See that train thing is creeping in, help me before it's too late...

Ha Ha! Yeah Matt, I wuz 'thinkin' of doing the R-3350 to begin with,...because the B-29 had four and I would've had a better selection from the carcasses I'd be scavenging from. Technically, I probably wouldn't have been able to even make ANY American motor run, cuz the highest octane fuel the Japanese had was around 87, and this R-2800 would've detonated at anything less than 105-115? Interesting reading about the captured Franks really only 'wakening up'(horsepower wise) during testing after a higher octane fuel was used.

But I digress. Got the wings and fuse together with the cockpit plugged in. Ready for another walk=around!

post-4413-1236569829.jpg

As ya'll can see, not much is visible of the cockpit with the pilot/cockpit IP hood in place. Got the oxygen tube on the pilot finally, and this sucker is about ready to paint! Onto ciphering what I should paint the exterior camo colors, and just how much chipping I should do. Later, Russ

post-4413-1236570521.jpg