Double your pleasure, Double your fun

Nose_Art

Double%20Trouble1_zps6q8iopmj.jpg  Essentially, I'm just swapping the fuselage fuel tank with a merlin. It would be like flying constantly with a full fuel tank.(you just limit

the violent maneuvering) The center of gravity would be slightly aft. :piliot: Also, the prop blades would have to be reversed, and I would'nt need a spinner on the aft one.

This is just to show you the engineering so far. :D  We will do lots more wind tunnel testing.   For instance, should both propellers turn in the same direction? :shrug:

This is going to be fun.  Cake and ice cream for every one!!

Thanks Jack

Thanks ScanmanDan, It will be a Pusher/ Puller, with a tail wheel, and Zoukei-Mura wings . Also a malcom hood canopy. That's the dream.

Art

In war it does not matter who is right, but who is left

• 1 month later...

Hi y'all.

Hardcore, Prancin' Nance II would be too much of an airplane for the USAAF, probably racer livery.

PNII7_zpshzyl4pdk.jpg

Starting with the Trumpy fuselage, my cut line is between 1/32 and 1/16 of an inch away from the edge line and then I can 'sneak up' on the actual edge.

PNII4_zpsxstbzf0g.jpg

Removing the wing fairing

PNII5_zpsqyfmroxi.jpg

PNII10_zpsurrfz1yy.jpg

Prancin' Nance II will need a 'floating tail', that is, a stabilon, an all moving horizontal control surface. With hydraulic boost. :coolio:  Indulge me please, after all, this is supposed

to be fun isn't it? B) PNII9_zpsnrkm2xvc.jpg

I glued the horizontal stab to the elevator and sanded the trailing edge to something acceptable,(the left one is sanded)

PNII11_zpsgi3p4fzq.jpg

I used a rivet line on the horizontal tail to make a line 90 degrees to the inboard end, then used that line to stick them to double sided tape making sure there at 90 degrees,

then started a 'pilot' hole with a pin vise, and then drilled the hole with the drill press. The dremel will melt some plastic, even on as slow as it will go so I drill very fast.

And Voila!

PNII12_zpsrw9j7ahv.jpg

PNII13_zpskqadwu17.jpg

PNII14_zps4wsx1eyt.jpg

Used a 1/16 dia. brass tube to put them together

Thanks to Out2gtcha,   Maru5137,   Martinnfb, and Harold, thanks guys!

Thank you everyone!

How can you get a sweet litttle old lady to drop the 'F' bomb?...... have another sweet little old lady yell Bingo!

Oh, I forgot to mention, I cut off the tabs on the end of the stabs and glued them into the slots on the fuselage,

after drilling the holes.

Thank you!

See ya

• 2 weeks later...