Another Fokker Finished!

Wolf Buddee

Looks fantastic Wolf! Your work is some of the cleanest and sharpest I've ever seen. Most impressive!

Kev

Thanks Kevin, sheeesh you guys are fast! I'm still typing and editing while you're already responding. Kind words indeed Kevin!

A question though and you might not have an answer for me but I've been having some difficulty posting. When I tried to post my first WIP on this build I wound up having my post badly broken up and only one of my pics posted. The rest of the pics were surrounded with some garbled computer language and it took about 5 edited posts to get everything up. Today the Pics posted perfectly but half the text was gone, broken up mid sentence too! Weird! Any idea what I might be doing wrong? :shrug:

Cheers,

Wolf

Wolf

Hope the medication kicks in and start feeling like your old self.

Gorgeous work on the cockpit module .. just spectacular. Very nice touch with the cammo wrapped around the top steel tubing. Love the pin wash around the stitching; just the right touch.

Keep 'em coming

:popcorn:

Thanks so much Peter,

Don't believe for one minute the "non-drowsy" crap on all the bottles! I feel like I need "wake-up" pills to stay alive right now.

Kudos to WnWs though on the lozenge linen wrapped around the upper cockpit tubing. That's a decal supplied in the kit and it fits perfectly. All it needed was some Micro-Sol and a bit of heat from a blow drier.

The painting of the stitching was not what I would call a labour of love, maybe just labour, LOL, but it does look nice eh? The wash makes it stand out even more. As you already know from your own build the stitching is moulded very finely so it needs a bit of help.

Cheers,

Wolf

Guest Peterpools

Wolf

Just take it easy and don't push it. Just make sure someone else takes out the garbage on Monday morning.

Without my Optivisor, I wouldn't haven't even known it was there.

Still some mighty fine work

A question though and you might not have an answer for me but I've been having some difficulty posting. When I tried to post my first WIP on this build I wound up having my post badly broken up and only one of my pics posted. The rest of the pics were surrounded with some garbled computer language and it took about 5 edited posts to get everything up. Today the Pics posted perfectly but half the text was gone, broken up mid sentence too! Weird! Any idea what I might be doing wrong? :shrug:

No idea on that one I'm afraid. The forums seem to a be a little unresponsive of late, so I can only imagine that this is affecting post submission on occasion. Perhaps if it happens again, leave the broken post as is and send me a PM so I can take a look. You can always just start another new post so you can keep going.

Kev

This should teach me to check the group builds regularly... too sweet...

Too true Jeroen, it's amazing at how much stuff I've missed myself and only discover a thread on an amazing build after it's pages long or already done.

Thanks for looking in.

Cheers,

Wolf

No idea on that one I'm afraid. The forums seem to a be a little unresponsive of late, so I can only imagine that this is affecting post submission on occasion. Perhaps if it happens again, leave the broken post as is and send me a PM so I can take a look. You can always just start another new post so you can keep going.Kev

Thanks Kevin, will do.

Cheers,

Wolf

Deep breath,1st ever comment.Nervous observing genius! I have been watching quietly for months,in total awe of what I see from so many of you,unnamed lest I miss some-one.But this Wolf,I find just amazing. Be it the equisite photography,or the standard of work,I know not. It was about time I said something! I will continue to enjoy all of your work,all of you.

Hey Wolfe.

Just enjoying re reading what you've posted and saw that you covered the instrument faces with punched out clear sheet. What type and thickness of material did you use to represent this clear glass?

Looking forward to you next posts, Chuck.

Hey Wolfe.

Just enjoying re reading what you've posted and saw that you covered the instrument faces with punched out clear sheet. What type and thickness of material did you use to represent this clear glass?

Looking forward to you next posts, Chuck.

Thank Chuck, I used a couple of different sources for the "glass" faces. I used the thinnest sheet of clear styrene I had on hand, not sure of it's exact thickness, and some of the clear material supplied with the Airscale instrument decals. I found that the clear styrene punches out in my Waldron punch and die set very easily while the stuff supplied by Airscale doesn't so much. It wants to tear rather than punch out cleanly due to the fact it's very thin. For that stuff I use an appropriate sized piece of brass tubing that's had both the outside and inside diameter ground down to form a very sharp edge. The brass tube is then twisted in to the clear material to cut out the clear disc. It takes a bit of practice but it works. It also helps that my bench is partially covered with a piece of glass as the underlying surface for this procedure must be very hard.

Cheers,

Wolf