1/32 Hasegawa P-26A Peashooter Part Deux...

Shaka HI

It's only sort of the real deal, per the Air Force Museum's website "This P-26A reproduction is painted to represent the commander's aircraft of the 19th Pursuit Squadron, 18th Pursuit Group, stationed at Wheeler Field, Hawaii, in 1938".  At one time the museum had a real deal but apparently it was on loan and was returned to its owner.

Good save on these molding flaws, Shaka. I keep the idea of the old toothbrush as a micro-sander :goodjob: !

I think that yes, you are good for prying apart the cowling and regluing it after you have fit the engine. I'd do all the paiting before, so that in the end you have just a small touch-up to do at the engine cowling seams.

Hubert

Yes, the assembled cowling does not fit over the assembled engine, nor should it as the actual aircraft is the same.  As Hubert suggests, you can do most of the painting prior to assembling the two parts of the cowl ring, and then attach them together over the engine, or you can do that first, and just mask the engine area.  Either way, you will need to paint the interior of the cowl ring before attaching it.

Doug

Apologies for the lack of updates...I have such a bad case of Carpal Tunnel on my right arm that I find it difficult to get any work done.

It is getting better -- so I'm glad I don't have to do anything more drastic than what's been proposed to me quite recently!

Well, I Primed/painted the Prop with Vallejo Air Aluminum. I going try and polish the blades to see how shiny it gets.

The brace I'm wearing makes detail work difficult, but doesn't interfere with painting single color paints!

1GWX2Oh.jpg

After light polishing...I'm impressed with this metallic paint!

43MZLIb.jpg

Edited by Shaka HI