1/32 Tamiya P-51D Early, Cripes A'Mighty 3rd June 1944.

Maurice

Guest Peterpools

Maurice

Awesome progress and just love the look of your NMF. It's great to see so many new techniques being tried out and the wonderful results coming our way.

I'm finally just up to doing the individual panels on the fuselage of my Mustang now and the photos you posted are like the cavalry arriving in the nick of time.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thank you guys for checking in,

Peter,

I'm glad that those pictures are useful, I took them from another thread in this same forum. I have the impression that those Mustangs where on their flight test right after rolling out the final assembly line. The in combat Mustangs where IMHO of the same shades but with more dirt on them. 

Kev,

Yes, the AS-12 is a more flexible and cheaper mean to obtain NMF, it dries fast and it's finger prints proof shortly after been sprayed. There is even a simplier possibility using thinned mixes of Tamiya X-11 and X-10 and they come in jars already.

Brian,

AS-12 it's lacquer based can be diluted with Tamiya lacquer thinner yellow cap. It comes in pressurized cans only but can be poured in a jar and used in your airbrush adding control to the spray. There is a way to pour the paint from spray can with a flexible straw. It's mandatory to let the jar open so the paint gets to room temperature, otherwise the propellent gases will increase the pressure dangerously in the jar.

Cheers

Edited by Maurice

Guest Peterpools

Maurice

Absolutely correct but for figuring out panel colors on the fuselage, they are perfect.

Thanks for posting them

Peter

Dry fitting fuselage halves. Fit is very good.

Fuselage, wings and HStab assembly; and final tests on painting and post shading will be done tonight so I can kick off aircraft painting tomorrow.

12290446496_352363d16a_z.jpg

12290037053_55b5e241cf_z.jpg

12290041313_723abce1b1.jpg

12290249143_9b987a9827_z.jpg

Guest Peterpools

Maurice

She sure is looking good and I can't wait for the first photos of your Mustang with her skin on and wearing stripes.

Keep 'em coming

Peter