Photo

PBJ-1H, VMB-613, Feb 1945. The Hose to Nowhere!

HK G-Factor Profimodeler Eduard Master Barrels Brassin AMS Resin PBJ-1H B-25H Clunkmeister

• Please log in to reply
450 replies to this topic

#31 JohnB

JohnB

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,954 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:08 PM

I look forward to seeing this one finished Ernie! I know it will be a beauty! :)

I'm just getting started on my HB P-61. I'll post a WIP when I have something worth while to show.

• Martinnfb, harvey, Peterpools and 1 other like this

A closed mouth gathers no foot.

#32 Clunkmeister

Clunkmeister

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,786 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:13 PM

What a nuisance research is. I well remember fitting every rocket/bomb/gun in the kit to Airfix planes as a kid. Pity you can't do that to this one and go ship busting

Richard

Yeah, little things like maximum gross weights, runway length, ambient temperature, fuel load, hardpoint loads, etc.

Heck, I'd load Tallboy's if it'd carry them.

• Martinnfb and harvey like this

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker

In progress:  T-28C, T-28D from a C, MuG-23MF, Felixstowe F2a early, PBJ-1H, PZL P-11C

Completed: RCAF F-51D Mustang, ZM A-1H Skyraider, Tamiya A6M2, Felixstowe F2a early, Junkers J.l, Gotha G.lV, Pfalz D.Xll, Albatros D.V, Bf-109F4, Ta-152H-1

#33 RLWP

RLWP

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 918 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:17 PM

Yeah, little things like maximum gross weights, runway length, ambient temperature, fuel load, hardpoint loads, etc.
Heck, I'd load Tallboy's if it'd carry them.

Reality is seriously impacting on the coolness factor here.

I find myself looking forward to this build, I like low level special purpose aeroplanes, this one seems to be something really different

Richard
  • Martinnfb, harvey and Clunkmeister like this
We are normal and we want our freedom!

#34 dutik

dutik

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:25 PM

I dont recall snakeyes being aound WWII.....Harv

Your memory serves you correct :thumbsup:

I was referring to the AN-M40 Parafrag bomb, also used as M26 cluster bomb. A parachute retarded HE-frag bomb used widely and succesul in the PTO for low-level attacks on airfields and other installations. Scale copies made by resin2detail, both single and cluster variant. Used by bombers too.

Regards

- dutik

• Martinnfb, harvey and Vandy 1 VX 4 like this

#35 Clunkmeister

Clunkmeister

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,786 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:36 PM

Interesting munition, Dutik.   So these would be an anti personnel type of ordnance, to use against troops, trucks, and parked aircraft and such?

Would they be loaded vertically in the bomb bay as per He-111 or horizontally in place of the 500 lb GP bombs?

Or on the wing hardpoints?

When you read the pilot after action reports, they sure loved the smoke and action of the Zunis, but it's ironic that it was proven that the FFARs really inflicted no real damage on the enemy other than keeping his head down.

I could see them doing a pass or two with the guns to silence the AA, followed by the bombs, then again and againas much as needed with the guns until everything was burning.

• Martinnfb likes this

In progress:  T-28C, T-28D from a C, MuG-23MF, Felixstowe F2a early, PBJ-1H, PZL P-11C

Completed: RCAF F-51D Mustang, ZM A-1H Skyraider, Tamiya A6M2, Felixstowe F2a early, Junkers J.l, Gotha G.lV, Pfalz D.Xll, Albatros D.V, Bf-109F4, Ta-152H-1

#36 dutik

dutik

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:03 PM

Horizontally like any other Air Force bombs (the Heinkel used vertically bomb cells instead of a conventional bomb bay). They could be loaded as clusters. Linky to some description and images. Heck, there are images of the Parafrag parachuting down onto a parked Betty :speak_cool: Linky to the Bombardiers Information File (kind of Field Manual). M40 is shown in part 7.

Enjoy!

- dutik

• Martinnfb and Clunkmeister like this

#37 harvey

harvey

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,253 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 01:23 AM

Quick question, does Master make a B-25 specific barrel set ?.......Harv

There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away
working on:  Tamiya F4U-2 Night Fighter
Trump P-38M BACK ON BENCH FINISHED!!!

#38 seiran01

seiran01

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,679 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 01:42 AM

I don’t see any by Master but Profimodeller makes a set which looks to include the end of the 75mm in addition to the smaller things that go bang bang

http://www.profimode...-b-25-gun-ship/

#39 Finn

Finn

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:05 AM

Here is the shell rack for the 75MM:

http://images.google...bf9be2273c.html

might be visible looking thru the canopy.

Jari

• Martinnfb, harvey and sandokan like this

#40 seiran01

seiran01

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,679 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:07 AM

Oh yeah, I have to believe that’d be visible.

#41 harvey

harvey

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,253 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:24 AM

I don’t see any by Master but Profimodeller makes a set which looks to include the end of the 75mm in addition to the smaller things that go bang bang
http://www.profimode...-b-25-gun-ship/

might just go ahead and get the B17 set. Get more guns and same price....Harv

There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away
working on:  Tamiya F4U-2 Night Fighter
Trump P-38M BACK ON BENCH FINISHED!!!

#42 Finn

Finn

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:35 AM

Here is a 500lb parademo bomb:

http://blog.daum.net...351061F6C20BBAF

basically take the tail fins off, add two brackets with parachute canisters at the end and you have a parachute demolition bomb.

edit: here are 250lb parademo:

parabomb.jpg

two parachute canisters on the side of the tail fins. I have seen a pic of a 100lb parademo which had the chute canister inserted in the tail section, where the tail fuze would go.

Jari

Edited by Finn, 09 January 2018 - 04:44 AM.

• Martinnfb, harvey and sandokan like this

#43 Clunkmeister

Clunkmeister

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,786 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:52 AM

So I've been going through what I have, gathering up stuff, thinking of what I need, adding it up in my head with a sinking heart what I need to source and acquire, when suddenly, one of those happy moments comes along. In the corner of a spare parts box, I find these little gems...

IMG_5075-L.jpg

YES!!!

So now, just some gun barrels and parachute bombs. Yes, I'm gonna let Dutik spend my money for me just like my good friend Martin does. :)

Edit: maybe a bit more resin as well. That 75mm shell rack looks cool. Also, I'll need to do some pretty serious work on the waist gunners areas. The kit is pretty basic back there, as is normal and totally OK with HK. Just like Hasegawa, give us a good basic package at a great price, and let us detail it out as much as we want to.

The linkys Dutik put up are absolutely priceless! I have some decent research material, but those just are icing on the cake. Thanks man! Seriously.

Edited by Clunkmeister, 09 January 2018 - 05:13 AM.

• Martinnfb, harvey, dutik and 4 others like this

#44 Clunkmeister

Clunkmeister

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,786 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:59 AM

So if you haven't seen one of these in person, this is a BIG model. Here is the last T-28 that will run through my T-28 mill for a few months, (this one will make seven, and if you haven't tried this kit yet, you owe it to yourself to build one. They're stunners when done), and the Trojan is no small aircraft. It's lost on the big PBJ.

IMG_5074-M.jpg

Edited by Clunkmeister, 09 January 2018 - 05:01 AM.

• Martinnfb, harvey, Peterpools and 1 other like this

#45 Clunkmeister

Clunkmeister

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,786 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 06:10 AM

The Profi set is pretty darn nice. You get a complete PBJ-1H specific panel and all the goodies to do a convincing modification, including a good reference photo of the cockpit.

IMG_5085-L.jpg

This pic is pure gold:
IMG_5077-L.jpg

Edited by Clunkmeister, 09 January 2018 - 06:11 AM.

• Martinnfb, harvey, Peterpools and 3 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: HK, G-Factor, Profimodeler, Eduard, Master Barrels, Brassin, AMS Resin, PBJ-1H, B-25H, Clunkmeister

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users