Tamiya P-51D Mustang

Daywalker

Well done Frank! Looks great.

Cheers John, thanks!

Frank, that looks absolutely fantastic! I sure hope you'll let me publish it on the website! Can't wait to see what you do with their Corsair kit.

Kev

Thanks Kev, and absolutely would love to see it on the website!

Fantastic build! I am inspired by your work, especially because I am revisiting the purchase of this kit. Between your nmf and weathering you've brought this to life. Thanks for sharing!

Tom

Glad you liked this one Tom, and am downright thrilled I could inspire you!  By all means- if you can- get one!  They really are that good.  I didn't even like Mustangs that much when I started it, now I want to build another!

Wonderful looking Mustang , love the weathering.  :popcorn:

Cheers Murph...

Thanks Murph!

Hi,

Superb! Great painting and wheathering. The subtle variations of panels shade and the used NMF look are very nicely reproduced.

Cheers

Thank you so much, the weathering was a lot of fun on this build.  The oil paints have no bounds when it comes to things like this.

Nice job Frank - excellent model, weathering and pix.

:goodjob:

Cheers, and thanks!

Beautiful work Frank. The paintwork is exemplary and the weathering sublime.

I love the thought that's gone into your weathering. The black streak along the right side fuselage looks perfect and also the little bit of wear to the red warning paint on the port wingroot.

Marvellous stuff. Glad you finally got your BMF bird and thanks for sharing her.

Cheers.

Thank you Guy, so glad you liked it!  I did in fact put a lot of thought and effort into the weathering, and am so happy it showed through on the finished build.  I haven't had this much fun modeling in ages. 

EXCELLENT! Really great looking model Frank.   :D

Thanks Brian, glad you stopped in to have a look!

Frank...did u just try to pass us photos of real thing as your model? :BANGHEAD2:

Now lets get serious ---- WICKED...WICKED ...WICKED (sorry Maru couldn't resist)

...Everything turned out perfect, if this is Your first NMF than I cant wait to see another. I think your weathering skills are :punk:  :punk:  :punk: .

Would realy love to see Your display case in person......must be quite a sight :popcorn:

Dejan

Haha... thanks Dejan!  First completed NMF, the other one went South badly!  Glad you liked my work.

Frank my friend, I believe this is one of your best ! Weathering is perfect , well executed and restrained. I expect nothing less from the modeler I know you are Congrats !!........Harv :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :punk:

Thanks Harv, I would agree!  This one has a premier spot in the display case- right next to the two big F-16's.

Very nice detailing, Frank.

Sincerely,

Mark

Thank you Mark!

Frank...

As Dejan said.....OOH it's WICKED!!! :wub: :wub:

I adore Mustangs, and yours is just quite SPECTACULAR ..... :yahoo:

ONE cannot have too many Mustangs and unlike other aircrafts this just makes MY heart skip a beat..

{ you can build Mustangs every day and I wouldn't tire of seeing them! :wicked:}

Your Workmanship is of highest calibre and most EXEMPLARY.... :clap2:

KUDOS...

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Thanks Maru, you were one of those who really helped get me motivated in the beginning.  Thank YOU for helping to push me along!

Excellent work - I think this is the most realistic NMF job I've ever seen. Lovely !!

Wow, I really appreciate that Thomas!  That is high praise indeed and I cannot thank you enough for that.

Frank, that is fantastic mate......absolutely faultless.

Perfect weathering too

Cheers

Anthony

Greetings Anthony, and thank you!

Beautiful job, Frank!

Congrats,

Jamme

Thanks Jamme!

awesome work! and your right..the Corsair is even better!

Thank you!

Beautiful Mustang. Nice job.

Thanks K2!

Awesome looking 'stang! The Eagle decal looked a bit dodgy to me, but I suppose that was how it actually looked, hoho. Nevertheless, I shall give it 5 out of 5 plops!

:clap2:

Haha... I couldn't agree with you more!  Not sure how I like the look of the Eagle art either, but it did look like that so I guess I am OK with it.  It does  look a bit out of place, doesn't it?

One of the best Tamiya Stangs I've seen..hands down. The finish,weathering,is perfectly balanced and so well done it looks the part.

:speak_cool:  :clap2:

Thank you so much William, that means a lot to me.  There have some absolutely brilliant models built from this kit, and to be associated with those means so much.  Thanks!

Superlative. Looking these pics it seems too easy reproduce the aluminium surfaces :frantic: . Thanks for sharing. 

Ciao

Filippo

Thanks Filippo, much appreciated!

Turned out great Frank, very nice work :thumbsup:

Cheers Mike, and thank you!

Farnk

Fantastic Mustang. The NMF is right on the money and looks simply awesome/Aces on the build.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks Peter, hope to get to a P-47 soon after seeing yours.  These NMF finishes really do look cool...

Frank, this is a real beauty,  I dig the oil streak at the port side :m0152: . Very cool thanks for sharing.

Martin

Thank you Martin, do you mean the one on the right side?  I have seen those everywhere from indistinguishable to streaked almost to the tail and everywhere in between.  I went with the first streak I did, looked about right to me!

Just superb, Frank!  Wow!

Thanks Mike, glad you like her!