P-61 Black Widow built as an "A" model

bcordes

Hi everybody,

my current modelling project is the Hobby Boss P-61 Black Widow. I am trying to built her as an "A" model. I am not quite sure which colour sheme I will use as I like the od/neutral gray versions as much as the complete black ones. Maybe I will go for "Skippy" aka "Nocturnal Nemesis".

I bought every aftermarket stuff I could get, which is quite a lot. The first stage of building is now finished and the next step will be painting the interior before closing the fuselage. Yesterday I took some photos of the unpainted model at this stage.

It is not very easy to find reliable resources of some areas of the plane. It is also sometimes confusing what is an "A" or a "B" version because the different resources have different opinions.

So, I tried my very best to build an accurate "A" version but sometimes I had to guess.

Please let me know what you think about it.

Cheers,

Bodo

p61wip1.jpg

p61wip2.jpgp61wip3.jpgp61wip4.jpgp61wip5.jpgp61wip6.jpgp61wip7.jpgp61wip8.jpgp61wip9.jpg

Barry,

the PE is Eduard and I didn´t use any other PE on this kit. The barrels are profimodeller, the wheels true details. The cockpit (which you can´t see on the photos) is avionics.

Bodo

Edited by bcordes