T-28 1/32 Kitty Hawk

DirkE

I

Yep, same here Ern. Im just finding it hard to get bench time with all the influx of new Jeep parts..................BUT as mine is a commission for KHM, I really dont have a choice in the OOB dept.

NBD really, as the kit really doesnt need much; Id only like to see some Eduard PE for the pit, and/or some good resin pit parts, and maybe some resin weighted wheels too.

I will definitely build another one. So, I hope the aftermarket will kick in soon. Not only pe and resin, but also decals

I decided to open the cargo hatch and leave the speed brake closed, since on most of the pictures I saw, its closed while the bird is on the flight line (or how ever it is called :)

Concerning the engine, I want to add more wires. But I guess, it won´t be that colorfull like on the picture below. Or did the planes in active service look like that or just the restored ones?

t-28bcargohatch-1_zpsq0z7cz7d.jpg

T-28C_Trojan_0109_zpsoorwvznz.jpg

Edited by DirkE

Looks wonderful!    Do be sure and hunt down some extra space for some additional weight.  Glen mentioned OOB weights were not enough, and I think Ern found out the hard way that the OOB weights alone wont keep things on 3 wheels.

I have the advantage of being able to put some behind the engine since by build is for KHM and Glen wants that area closed up/closed panels.

Keep going, looking forward to more progress!!!