Revell's (not so) new 1:32 He 219 "UHU"

Iain

Any 'UHU' experts in the house?

Pondering on belly gun installation on the a/c I want to build...

Instruction show two outer cannon installed - middle two holes plugged.

Colour scheme three views appear to show two inners (A-7 310189), two outers (A-2 290123), all four fitted (A-7 310213 with NAXOS - this is the one I'm aiming for - G9+FK) and inner two (A-5 420331).

Anyone know what configuration should be for A-7 310213 - G9+FK - I can't find photo's of this machine anywhere...

Any pointers really appreciated.

In the mean time all arfriame joints wet sanded with 240 grit - and a few small gaps to fill - breaking out the Milliput. There may not be a lot to see today.

Iain

Enjoying this build. Great work. It is a kit I certainly want to get, but please tell me - how are the 'moulds' on your kit as Phil Flory did an in box review this week and says that there is a lot of flash particularly on the wings along with some other poor moulding? He also says that there is a lack of rivet detail. None of this is a particular problem but it would be interesting to know how your kit is.

Guest Peterpools

Iain

Just finished catching up on your OOB UHU build and loving it, as I've been out of town on business all week. Terrific idea of doing a straight OOB for a perfect distress free display model.

Keep 'em coming

Peter :popcorn: :popcorn:

@Heiku - will try and photgraph with something later for scale - up to my elbows in epoxy putty atm :)

@MARU - cheers bud!.

@Barry - yes theres some flash - but not major - does take a little longer than ideal to clean some parts up!

And - yes - wing roots needed a clean up.

There's rivet detail on some of the removable fuselage panels - but none elsewhere. That said - the UHU was a very clean airframe and at this price rivets can be added to taste ;)

@Peter - good to clear the 'pores' occasionally! :)

Iain

Edited by 32SIG

JIMMINY CRICKET ! Just happen to look in and BAM ! Not only are you good, your fast....tiger fast ! Good work so far Lian. Hope you have a blast at Telford ........Harv

Edited by Guest

Cheers Harv - let's see what the final outcome is...

OK - lots of not really exciting stuff today - cleaning up joints and filling in the main. Not a bad kit in this reaspect (although some filler needed) - more a function of it's size.

'Aftermarket props done - an improvement I recon!

Just to recap:

IMG_7809.JPG

and:

IMG_7812.JPG

to:

IMG_7840.JPG

IMG_7848.JPG

A little final fettling needed once the primer cures - but an improvement I think!

Now starting on the gear...

The nosewheel need painting before sandwhiching between the nose leg halves - so catalyst to working on wheels.

Each tyre sanded and flats added - the UHU was a heavy bird! Now primed - along with the centres - they'll get some paint shortly:

IMG_7841.JPG

Flame dampers assembled and drying:

IMG_7842.JPG

Aelierons, flaps and elevators assembled. I've chosen to cut off the hinges from the wings as it makes assembly easier:

IMG_7843.JPG

Back in a mo - please do not adjust your sets...

Iain

Edited by 32SIG

Major assemblies:

Milliput applied - not so much a crack - more a little un-eveness - now sorted. Filler was mixed 11:30 am - so another couple of hours and I should be able to sand. Note other joints have disappeared nicely! smile.png

Top:

IMG_7844.JPG

Bottom:

IMG_7845.JPG

Cowl to wing joints - some re-scribing will be needed!

IMG_7846.JPG

Gaps where nacelle meets wing - filled with Milliput:

IMG_7847.JPG

More when there's more - strongly suspect that will be assembled arframe smile.png

Iain

Nah - Billy no Mates more like - or I wouldn't spend a few days holiday fondling plastic! ;)

And - no - I'm not even going to try to have it done for telford -that would defeat the 'stress-free' amble down the modelling promenade that I'd intended. I may bring it to Telford if there's room in the car and if there's any interest in seeing it part built?

Iain (who's just spend last half hour on sanding duties)

Edited by 32SIG

Right - officially given up on it for the moment as I have to get ready for Telford - which means stand - all 24 feet of it!!

Our kitchen is currently awash with 1:32 aeroplanes - some ready for packing - some needing minor repairs, and the bits and bobs that make up the stand.

Will take the UHU with me so you can see how much damage a few day's work can cause!

Please drop by the 32SIG stand in Hall 2 and say 'Hi' :)

Iain

Ian,

Have you (I realize your at Telford now and are not currently working on this) or anyone youve talked to, looked at the nacelles, to see if those that have said they are too skinny/pencil shaped are accurate?

The Uhu looks really great so far, and I cant really tell since I dont have the kit yet, and the ZM offering is hard to compare to since it really isnt out yet either..........

Guest Nigelr32

I was at Telford today and saw Iain's lovely build and the ZM 219. The ZM kit is "out" sort of? They had a guy on the stand building one as we all drooled over all the merchandise.

As for the nacelles, I can't comment, but Radub has done some PE parts to make the flaps around the OD more prominent.

Yep, I saw Radus thread, and they look very nice..........hoping they fit the ZM offering, as since im likely only to do 1 He 219 Im leaning the ZM way since my SkyRaider was SO much fun, and so rewarding to build.

Some are just talking about the width of teh actual engine nacelles behind the cowling itself, running the length of the nacelle.

Brian,

From the A-2 version onwards the Uhu had its engine nacelles lengthened to house additional fuel tanks, hence the more pencil-like shape. I can't comment on the actual shape of the kit's nacelles because I don't have the kit yet.

Hans