Revell's (not so) new 1:32 He 219 "UHU"

Iain

This project is partly a test exercise for me - I have far too many kits in the stash - but intend building most at some point...

However my build rate is fairly poor (nobody mention Connie please! ;)) because I'm always sweating the little things - things that I then don't really see when they're sat in the cabinet...

What I'm trying to prove to myself is that a neatly assembled model - with a nice paint job - can look great... And I just need to apply that 'don't sweat it' approach to my other projects...

I know I'm rambling - it's my age. I'll start dribbling next!

Just about to start on the main gear bays/cowlings - but having a beer first - one of our locals 'Hobgoblin' from the Wychwood brewery :)

Iain

The cockpit looks great, Iain!

What I'm trying to prove to myself is that a neatly assembled model - with a nice paint job - can look great... And I just need to apply that 'don't sweat it' approach to my other projects...

I call this a "regaining my sanity" build. We all need one, from time to time. :D

John

Mentioning the Connie would be really unfair...

...how are the Lightning parts coming along? :DodgeBall:

Seriously, your pace is really stunning. I thought, I have a good run at the moment, but that is still snail speed in comparision. And the quality is, fine, too, judging the pictures...

... I'm looking forward to see the final result! :)

Thanks folks! :)

'tis laters and I have update...

Some weight:

IMG_7831.JPG

This is a widget the instructions say to add - I *think* I have it the right way around:

IMG_7832.JPG

IMG_7833.JPG

IMG_7834.JPG

IMG_7835.JPG

IMG_7836.JPG

IMG_7837.JPG

At this rate - I may almost - nearly - have a complete airframe soon - how did that happen?

Back soon - I *need* food...

Iain

Thanks folks! :)

'tis laters and I have update...

Some weight:

IMG_7831.JPG

Iain

You have a virtual Ikea hardware store going on there! LOL

Looking good, I can't wait until this kit hits North America, it looks like a blast.

Nah - I'm a slacker today...

I do have an almost complete airframe though - having worked on her 'till 01:30 local!

Piccie after I've taken the boy to school.

Will have to stop work soon mind - have a few bits I need to sort for Telford :)

Iain

As promised - this is where we're at - not bad considering I started her at lunchtime on Tuesday!

Wings are just slotted on at present - good fit once the flash removed.

Some sanding this am - and a little filler in places - then I need to pack for Telford...

IMG_7838.JPG

IMG_7839.JPG

Iain

lain,

I eat dinner, run errands, take a nap, work on my own plane and you're STILL not done? I thought sure you'd have it in the display case already!

Good lord man in a couple of weeks at this pace you could build an entire rote from an NJG LOL

Keep up the excellent and entertaining build, and dont forget to rest once in a while!

All the best to you and your build,

Paul