Preview: HK Models 1/32 Meteor Preliminary Photos

LSP_Kevin

Hi folks,

I've just put together a short preview of the HK Models 1/32 Meteor Mk 4. My sample didn't come with a box, instructions, decals or clear parts, but I thought it was still worthwhile taking a look at the parts. I think it will be a very popular kit!

HK Models 1/32 Meteor Preliminary Photos

As noted in the preview, I should have access to the remaining elements of the kit soon, and plan to do a more formal review at that time.

Kev

Hi Kev ...

Once again, excellent review!! ... I like the 'simple' approach that HK have taken with this kit ... Doubtless the 'super detailers' will be buying up AM for it anyhow - so whats the point in HK detailing the kit right OOB, when people like me will be locking it all up except the cockpit. Weighted tyres - check! ... Good external detail - check! ... AM conversion to an acceptable WWII bird - check! (Thankyou Mr Fisher!) ... plus an AM PE set from Eduard would make this an extremely affordable bird.

Yes ... smart thinking HKM ... well done!

Rog :)

Edited by Artful69

Shame it's a Mk4, I'd have preferred an later, post-WWII era plane.  :wicked: 

No, only kidding, IT'S A METEOR!!!!! I'm ecstatic!! The rest will come, one way or another.

Tim

PS Tony, first one to get one, bring it on the X73 on Tuesdays, OK?!

"Hale Storm" was a Meteor F.8, and no, making masks in a different scale for an aircraft that's been in the public domain since 1952 wouldn't breach anyone's copyright on anything (the RAF's lawyers be damned on the roundel issue).

I know it's an F8 (RAAF), I was thinking of the kit + the Fisher conversion.

Thanks for your reply, I'll start looking for someone to do some masks for me:)

Edited by Smokeyforgothispassword

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Peterpools

Kev

Thanks for posting, as the Meteor looks great. Absolutely looks like the secret modeling fund is going to be stretched to the limit very early this coming year

Peter