Back from Vacation....

Big Texan

Yep, back from vacation and back at work. Work sucks. Vacation gooood. LOL!  Anyway, good to be back with you glue sniffing, paint inhaling, bleeding by Xacto knife, bunch!!! 

As a glutton for punishment, I purchased a Revell P-51B Mustang at Hobby Lobby with a 40% off coupon. Yeah, I know......I'm a sucker for Revell kits. I opened this kit and was happy nothing was warped in it! But, as I looked at the canopy pieces, it's the Malcom Hood version. Well, the Decals in the kit are for the "regular" canopy. So, I shot off an online part replacement with Revell. We shall see what happens. If they don't have the old slab side canopy pieces, I'm not going to be a happy camper. I'll be whinning to you wonderful Gents to see if any of you have the old slab side canopy pieces to trade for a Malcom Hood or if you'll part with them.

Vacation was great. Went to Gettysburg, Baltimore Inner Harbor, Air & Space Museum and Natural History Museum in D.C., went to Williamsburg & Yorktown & Jamestown & Busch Gardens, had a family reunion in Louisa, Virginia, headed back to Baltimore, and flew out Tuesday back to good ole Amarillo. Heck of a vacay and a lot of fun. Kids loved it, Wife loved it, and me too! LOL!

:tumble:

Hell, I live not more than 30 Miles from Gettysburg. I wish I'd have known you were coming, I would've gladly volunteered to show you around since I know those fields pretty well. I'm not a licensed guide by any stretch but I don't charge for the information either.

Edited by Juggernut

It would have been nice to meet you! I have a degree in History with my specialty in military / diplomatic history. I know this battlefield like the back of my hand. My family home is only 60 miles away in Maryland. My youngest brother graduated from University of Gettysburg and was an all American playing lacrosse. He's a civil war nut like I am. We went over the whole battlefield so many times. It's a great place, a humbling place. My brother and I, traversed over many battlefields. Antietam, Manassas, to name a couple. One thing I love about the Del-Mar-VA peninsula, is the thousands of battlefields from the French and Indian War to the Civil War! The area is full of history!

Yep, would have been great to meet you, drink a beer, and discuss the finer points of the battle and the "what ifs"! I was fortunate to be at the 125th anniversary re-enactment, courteousy of the Air Force, to take pics and write a short article about it. What a site to behold! Especially Pickett's charge and the bombardment that preceded it! Did you get the chance to see it? An awesome spectacle! I wish I lived as close to it as you! My favorite battlefield! Beautiful town!

I too have a BA in History. I wasn't at the 125th. My interest in the civil war was a little later in life for me. I was primarily a WW II guy until 2003 when I watched a show on A&E about the ghosts that are so prevalent in that town. I booked a stay at the Farnsworth Inn and the rest they say, is history.