WNW Camel

About a week ago, I posted that I had ordered a WNW Camel Br1 after reading about a very local WWI pilot. Kit landed today and after drooling over and fondeling the plastic, I could easily get hooked on these kits.  At the moment I'm doing a Meng WWI Mk.V Female tank but already looking forward to getting started on the Camel.   

Yep, WWI aeroplanes lends themselves perfectly to 1/32, because of the relatively small sizes, the details pop out, but it's not too big.

The schemes available are just wonderful, especially on the German side, where the latitude given to pilots regarding paint schemes was enormous. The rules seems to have been that if they had that colour in the hanger, then you could have it on your aeroplane.

The British had the same rule, except the only colours they had were green, green-brown or brown-green. Night bombers were allowed a black-green. But you can still get some great schemes for training squadrons.

German planes are so pretty the wife actually wants them displayed downstairs, so "normal" people can see them.

Add superbly designed & engineered kits that fit like a glove - and Pheon decals supplying any schemes WNW may have overlooked - and it can become seriously addictive.

I speak from experience.