Dragon/ AIMS 1/32 Messerschmitt BF110 G-4 2Z+GB Stab 1./NJG6..........Finished!!

monthebiff

"Also added the kit inspection windows to the upper cowls, these need to be reversed and the glued in place so I added them so they were proud of the cowling and then sanded smooth and then polished up."

I must be feeling thicker than usual today Andy (must be all the golf I've been playing!) Can you explain a little further what you did here, and your photos appear to show 3 smaller circles whereas my understanding, like Shawn mentioned, was that the Gs (but not the Fs) had a single larger roughly triangular window.  Thanks

Max

I have so much to learn before I attempt this. Stellar work Andy, suck that you have to build a second one. But a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do.  :mental:  :mental:

Yep Gehard, will be a real chore building a second 110. Probably will be a box stock build though rather than a conversion!

Regards. Andy

good catch on the inspection windows thats how I plan to address it to.

The early marks had 3 small round windows where as the G (maybe Fs too) had one.

Thanks Shawn, seems the simplest way to go, I have some small decal dials to fit to the inside as well, thats the plan anyway!

Regards. Andy

I was going to make some gauges from sprue chunks and left over decals, then glue 'em to the window from the inside with future

Looking at pictures Shawn there also seems to be a horizontal bar visibla through the window which I was going to paint RLM 02 and fix in place with future as well.

Regards. Andy

"Also added the kit inspection windows to the upper cowls, these need to be reversed and the glued in place so I added them so they were proud of the cowling and then sanded smooth and then polished up."

I must be feeling thicker than usual today Andy (must be all the golf I've been playing!) Can you explain a little further what you did here, and your photos appear to show 3 smaller circles whereas my understanding, like Shawn mentioned, was that the Gs (but not the Fs) had a single larger roughly triangular window.  Thanks

Max

Max, the kit has the 3 circles moulded "proud" of the surface. So if you put them in sticking out, you can sand them flush and polish to replicate the G windows

Shawn couldn't have explained it better Max, easy to use the kit clear parts and sand the detail off. Still a little more work to do on mine but I think they should look just fine when finished.

Regards. Andy

Regards. Andy