1/32 P-51D Tamiya

rafju

99% of my model collection consists of modern jets or helos. 99% of those are aircraft operated by the US Marine Corps.........I just placed my pre-order for the Tamiya P-51D through HLJ! I really wish it would have been a Corsair (for obvious reasons), but this is going to be a great kit and as most may agree, they hit a grand slam with this release.

Dave

cant say I'm over the moon, nice to see a new kit of anything but theres so many others that need kitted-the Raiden is better news as far as I'm concerned , i see now why all the revell stash kits are starting to appear on the trade forums hahah!

how about a lurvly new hurricane iic or a tempest or thunderstreak or fury or dove or vampire or

wessex-oops! did i say that out loud.....

I'll probly buy it tho

some additional details from Marcos Nicols posted on the P-51 thread on Hyperscale, (he'seditor of Tamiya modeling Mag .. so he should know what he's talking about

Hi folks,

The new 1:32 P-51D will come with full wing guns & ammo belts, two tails (with & without filets) plus fabric & metal-covered elevators, three canopy styles, two instrument panel types, two types of seat, two types of exhaust. Two types of drop tank are included (75 & 108 gallon), full internal radiator details, seated pilot in flight-gear plus a standing figure in leather flight jacket. Movable control-surfaces, up/down landing gear, PE details as per Spitfires. Micro-magnet fixed cowlings (as thin as this Spitfires') to show off the Packard-Merlin.

Markings are all for 8th AF; 334th Fighter Squadron, 4th Fighter Group; 487th Fighter Squadron, 352nd Fighter Group; 79th Fighter Squadron, 20th Fighter Group. More news soon!

Can't wait to get building it...

Ta for now,

Marcus

TMMI

so the question is can anyone guess from the unit details, just what airframes will be featured on the decal sheet!

some additional details from Marcos Nicols posted on the P-51 thread on Hyperscale, (he'seditor of Tamiya modeling Mag .. so he should know what he's talking about

Hi folks,

The new 1:32 P-51D will come with full wing guns & ammo belts, two tails (with & without filets) plus fabric & metal-covered elevators, three canopy styles, two instrument panel types, two types of seat, two types of exhaust. Two types of drop tank are included (75 & 108 gallon), full internal radiator details, seated pilot in flight-gear plus a standing figure in leather flight jacket. Movable control-surfaces, up/down landing gear, PE details as per Spitfires. Micro-magnet fixed cowlings (as thin as this Spitfires') to show off the Packard-Merlin.

Markings are all for 8th AF; 334th Fighter Squadron, 4th Fighter Group; 487th Fighter Squadron, 352nd Fighter Group; 79th Fighter Squadron, 20th Fighter Group. More news soon!

Can't wait to get building it...

Ta for now,

Marcus

TMMI

so the question is can anyone guess from the unit details, just what airframes will be featured on the decal sheet!

After elaboration from Marcus, think we can expect three boxings, this one, P-51K/Mustang IV and P-51D Korean War featuring air to ground ordinance.

Oh dear ! :beer4:

So... maybe all what has been said on that other thread about Bob Swadding announcement, all the fun and laugh we had at him (including myself) was not quite dicerved afterall...

I mean that despite his announcement was not very "clear" and, at the time, could have been anything anytime, the fact that only a few days after there are announcements and preorders of aircraft X being released by T can not be just a coincidence to me, he did know for sure.

So, even if that was not rude at all, I want to appology for what I said previously :closedeyes:

I thought Bob's message was very clear,but no one wanted to take him seriously,I did, but knew about his connection with Tamiya.got a bit warmed up over the purile responces myself. and I apologize as well.(JUST PRE ORDERED ONE THIS MORNING) "The hen must be the nobleist of creatures,for it only cackles after it lays the egg".

Edited by williamj

Question: How many are y'all buying?

Just one. Putting $20.00 away each payday for the next several weeks is enough for me at the moment. Now had it been an F4U, I would have strongly considered dumping some of my collection to get 2 or 3.

The hardest part is going to be deciding on which markings to put on it!

Quote from an other web site.

" I did not want to say anything out of respect for a pair of close friends relationship with Tamiya earlier. But, now that it has been announced I can say that it was related to me weeks ago that the test shots of the new Tamiya P-51 are nothing short of stunning. One friend who has seen the new kits test shots stated: "As nice as the new 1/32 Spitfires are, Tamiyas new Mustang will be even better".

This is exciting.From a marketing point I believe Tamiya has hit the perverbial "nail on the head" with this one.

Edited by williamj

You know, after printing out this weeks Hobby Lobby 40% off coupon, I think it's time to go 'lobby' at my local HL's (got two close by) to get the kits in! Wow, I'm really looking forward to this kit. Hell, the last kit I actually finished was the Dragon P-51D shortly after it was released. Maybe I can go 2 for 2 in the big Mustang category!