Incom T-65 X-Wing Space Superiority Fighter- Bandai 1/48 kit

BloorwestSiR

After the challenge of building the Czech Master T-33, I decided I wanted a more relaxed project as a follow up. I was thinking of the Meng Kids B-17 but couldn't find suitably sized decals in time. So this kit came out of the stash:

IMG_20151127_235003.jpg

It checks all the boxes in terms of a non serious build: press/snap fit construction; moulded in colour; moving parts and lights; and lastly, stickers(!).

With the box open, here's what greets you:

IMG_20151130_224318.jpg

More to come

Carl

Thanks everyone for checking in.

I've still got the 1/72 X and Y wings, Tie fighters in the stash along with the 1/144 Millennium Falcon and Slave 1 kits. I like to build them as stress relievers.

Onto step 1 which is the assembly of the stand.

IMG_20151130_224457.jpg

It comes pre-wired so it's just attach the upright and you're done.

IMG_20151130_224556.jpg

In order to make sure everything works, you attach the central motor/light assembly and cycle through everything.

IMG_20151130_225039.jpg

If anyone is looking for translations for all the paint colours, mech9 is a website that's translated the instructions into English.

Based on the information provided, I mixed up some white and gull grey for the fuselage colour. It's a perfect match for the plastic. I then attached the motor/light unit to the lower fuselage.

IMG_20160801_153037.jpg

The first LED gets positioned now. It'll be for the photon torpedoes.

Looking good - and you are correct about stress relievers...although I find the figures to be a PITA because of all the joint filling....been putting off doing Boba Fett because of that reason.

For my 1/144 Millennium Falcon I think I did 4 parts XF-1 to 1 part XF-55 Deck tan - I would go even whiter for my Xwing "gray"

Its a pity they didnt do the rest of the fighters in 1/48 scale, as they would look great next to my 1/48 Falcon.....

keep going!

• 2 weeks later...

Great looking X-Wing Murph.

I've made a bit of progress on the X-Wing.

I painted the cockpit with NATO black and dark grey.

IMG_20160801_234743.jpg

IMG_20160801_234844.jpg

The coaming I used a silver Prismacolor pencil on to highlight some of the details.

IMG_20160801_234927.jpg

I then installed it in the lower fuselage with the LED for the IP.

IMG_20160801_235259.jpg

At this point I realized that I wouldn't be able to fit Luke in. So I tried out the Wave tool I have for use on these types of kits.

IMG_20160801_235342.jpg

It popped the parts apart easily without breaking any.

IMG_20160801_235635.jpg

Now to paint Luke before I go any further.

Carl

Very cool!  The lights really add some pop on a kit like this.  Regarding the Meng B-17... did you ever confirm if 1/144 scale decals would work or not?  I also have that kit but have not started because I didn't want to use the supplied stickers.

Very cool! The lights really add some pop on a kit like this. Regarding the Meng B-17... did you ever confirm if 1/144 scale decals would work or not? I also have that kit but have not started because I didn't want to use the supplied stickers.

I haven't had a chance to get the 1/144 decals yet. Hopefully soon as it'll probably be my next low stress build.

Carl