Revell Me-262 B-1/U-1 Nachtjäger

Jan_G

little work done on this one

engines sanded and panel lines renewed in some places.

I used the plastic spacers to maintain the necessary width to achieve smooth fit to the wing

IMG_1439_zpsy6qlf4m2.jpg

IMG_1440_zpscumko2f6.jpg

test fit of main parts. Fuselage surface is now ready for painting, with all sanding and panel lines renewing done

IMG_1438_zpsqzamkoim.jpg

What I am really happy about, is the joint of wings and fuselage. it is almost perfect as you can see below, on dry fit pics

Thats why I decided to put together wings and engines with all details separately and glue it together with fuselage at the end of the build part.

IMG_1441_zpsrpkys2hm.jpg

IMG_1442_zpsyyhjcfyk.jpg

IMG_1443_zpsuur0jmmw.jpg

IMG_1444_zpsyza8yw1v.jpg

IMG_1445_zpshj083qxr.jpg

and some PE details

IMG_1448_zps0xwgug3m.jpg

IMG_1450_zpsyx6dikwr.jpg

One must be patient with these, but the result is worth it

IMG_1447_zpsl6hr7ogw.jpg

thanks for looking

jan

• 1 month later...

thanks guys for positive feedback! really apreciate it

Genereally Im also not comfortable with PE, for me resin stuff is much easier to  handle  :)

started to paint cockpit with Mr. Paint RLM 66 (and 2 lighter shades of base color)

IMG_1784_zpsjenhkvgo.jpg

IMG_1777_zpso7pym7s3.jpg

Eduards interior set match quite nicely Mr Paint RLM 66 color, some wetahering and final clear coat  should unite it 

IMG_1778_zpsns2ooxdq.jpg

IMG_1781_zpss1reqegd.jpg

thanks for looking

jan

Looks fantastic Jan. I just bought the kit as well (my first one after a break of 20 years :-O ) and hope to be able to finish it this year.

I have been studying and researching the Me 262 for quite a while know and have thousands of wartime documents in my archive that I copied from various archives. With the risk that I am too pettifogging, I wanted to point out two details of the Eduard panels that are incorrect for the Me 262 B-1a/U1:

• Eduard's blind flying panel is that of a bad-weather fighter variant with single-axis autopilot, where the large repeater compass was not in the same vertical line as the artificial horizon, but slightly offset to the right. The lower edge of the panel was modified with a curved edge. In the Me 262 B-1a/U1 both the larger repeater compass and artifical horizon were on the same vertical line and the lower edge was also modified, but with straight lines that were more angular than in the standard blind flying panel. This is confirmed by wartime photos.

• The nice looking red and white circular markings on the engine instruments was a feature that could only be found in certain JG 7 aircraft. I have a wartime document of the Technischer Aussendienst of Messerschmitt that described this field modification by JG 7 incl. drawing of how they marked the different dial ranges with red and white for better and faster reading. Aircraft of other units did not feature this (at least I haven't seen them on any other unit's Me 262)

Roger

• Eduard's blind flying panel is that of a bad-weather fighter variant with single-axis autopilot, where the large repeater compass was not in the same vertical line as the artificial horizon, but slightly offset to the right. The lower edge of the panel was modified with a curved edge. In the Me 262 B-1a/U1 both the larger repeater compass and artifical horizon were on the same vertical line and the lower edge was also modified, but with straight lines that were more angular than in the standard blind flying panel. This is confirmed by wartime photos.
  • The nice looking red and white circular markings on the engine instruments was a feature that could only be found in certain JG 7 aircraft. I have a wartime document of the Technischer Aussendienst of Messerschmitt that described this field modification by JG 7 incl. drawing of how they marked the different dial ranges with red and white for better and faster reading. Aircraft of other units did not feature this (at least I haven't seen them on any other unit's Me 262)

Thanks Roger for all these valuable details! Definitely for me its too late to change the panel and position of artificial horizon (dont want to spend more time with this build than needed). At least I have painted that nice looking instruments with boring RLM66  :)

However all such informations will help other guys here who are not experts in Me 262 (like me  :))

now it looks this way

IMG_1790_zpsckv3m3f5.jpg

jan

Guest Peterpools

Jan

Enjoying following your progress and so perfectly done..

Keep 'em coming

Peter