109 G-10 build question/problem

Wackyracer

Hi

I'm currently building a 109 G-10 as white 44 of NJG11. I'm using the Revell kit along with a hoist of am and pe to get it right.

Here's my problem, I've discovered the said plane was a Mtt Regensburg build rather than an Erla so have to make a few mods to my current craft. I can scribe the curved panel to the cowling beneath the cockpit ok and have the small wheel budges already but I need to 'create' the bumps under the engine cowling.

I have several Revell 109G-6's in the stash and just wondered if the gun bumps (which are too small anyway) could/would work with a little mod or if anyone else has any ideas?

Ironically I have 2 trumpeter G-10's in the stash and should have gone with them but I'm too far into the build now to back out having modified the exhausts for flame dampers etc and throwing a load of Barracuda resin in as well.

20170201_231728.jpg

Can you make the bumps on the Trumpeter kit from resin and attach them to the Revell kit?

Sincerely,

Mark

That would have been my suggestion, take and coat the bumps from the Trumpy kit in mold release agent, coat them in some resin and take that negative and create a mold to pull a new resin bump to glue onto the Revvie kit. 

Hi there, do not do anything, the Erla's cowling has nothing to do with Regensburg style. It is very different in terms of shape and size. For example , you can not just scribe the curved panel-line , you would have to cut out the whole panel, insert a new  one that is flat and then add a curved bump. The situation gets even worst about upper cowling. You are better off building Trumpeter's kit or perhaps Hasegawa. Also your guns are too much out, please check your references . This photo collection can help.

Sorry to serve it to you so bluntly, but it is not time and cost effective, having said that , it can be done :).........once? 

Cheers

Martin

and again if in doubt check your references, or shoot me a PM

Guest Airfixer

Agreed..

I'd either recommend to select another decal option for your Erla G-10 or using a different kit to replicate "White 44".

The lower cowling in particular is way more voluminous, it's rather "absorbing" the bumps than just lacking them.

Besides, you'd also have to install a different oil cooler...different gun ports...completely different cowling geometry, etc...

cjh9ccs.jpg

Thanks everyone. All suggestions make sense.

Re the guns I went with what Master show in their instructions and how far the plastic kit ones protrude

20170201_195427.jpg

OK, so I now have a G-10 with flame dampers and erla build. Anyone have a suggested scheme and/or did a bird actually exist? White 44 will have to wait till the next G-10.

Edited by Wackyracer

20170203_225606.jpg

Managed to remove the flame dampers so we're back in business. I have severall eduard exhaust sets so can steal the pe guards to replace.

So ready for a new scheme. Having both sets of Barracuda G-10 decals I fancy a overall dark green. Hey was going with a overall rlm 76 before so let's move this one to the dark side.

Perhaps black 13 jg27 or black 22 jg52

064224de-38b0-4bf4-9c88-157ee336a27f.jpg

or green 7 jg300.

8ffd9895-6e75-458c-a619-6c35093b305f.jpg

Edited by Wackyracer