Tamiya DH Mosquito FB VI- Stickers! Err, decals.

BloorwestSiR

Thanks Peter.

Actually, I think yours will turn out better than mine. I'm really happy with the way the bomb bay and engines turned out, along with the camo scheme.

That being said, I had a few glitches (mostly operator error) that I wouldn't mind doing over. Which is why I'm going to take what I learned and do another one. Just waiting for either Black Friday or Boxing Day to get the best deal on one :)

Carl

Edited by BloorwestSiR

Meteor

Thanks Tom and Shaka!

Thanks Harv! The last ETA I received from them was the end of November, early December. But they're only the rails so you still have to figure out the pylons and rockets. For the former, I looked at possibly using ones from a F4U but they're not the same. Hopefully we can convice Anthony to scale down the ones he did in 1 /24th. 

As for the rockets, I now have all three sets available- Aerobonus, MDC and ProfiModeler. I'll tyr to post a comparison of them shortly. 

Carl

I was just looking at Paul Fishers site. He has 2 sets available . One is for the Meteor and the other is for earlier aircraft. Take a look and let me know if the pylons would work.......Harv

Guest Peterpools

Carl

I just can't imagine the bar being raised an further; just jaw dropping work.

I'm close to an update myself, as I am working on the trailing edge seam in front of the flaps. After that, it's final sanding a priming time.

Peter

I was just looking at Paul Fishers site. He has 2 sets available . One is for the Meteor and the other is for earlier aircraft. Take a look and let me know if the pylons would work.......Harv

I was looking at those too Harv, especially with his recently announced sale. The ones for the Meteor look close but I don't really have enough references to be sure. Might just pick them up and go with closer enough.

Carl

Carl

I just can't imagine the bar being raised an further; just jaw dropping work.

I'm close to an update myself, as I am working on the trailing edge seam in front of the flaps. After that, it's final sanding a priming time.

Peter

Thanks Peter. Watch the upper nacelle cover that goes over the flaps. It might need a light sanding/scraping to fit perfectly.

I can't wait to see your update.

Carl

• 3 years later...

Just saw this build.   Fantastic work, I’ll be using it for a guide when I start my Coastal Command Mossie.    Sad that after this long, we still haven’t seen the Aviology RP set.   

Edited by John1