OA-10A Catalina US Air Force 1/48

ShelbyGT500

nmTZFyR.jpg

Hmm... is that Sticking Plaster material being used as a seat cover? Now why the hell didn't I think of that? Have a need for fabric covers for a build - your idea may have given me the solution. Many thanks for the inspiration.

Love the Catalina (particularly this 48th kit version) in all its incarnations, and would highly recommend getting Mike Belcher's (Belcher Bits) tail conversion. I've used them on a couple of Catalina builds over the years. The latest revision is the best yet, as it has hollowed halves.

Cheers

Kev

Hi Kev :) for the fabric seat cover I use the first-aid medical tape or something like this:

eWt2kcf.jpg

with proper texture for the scale :)

Well the engine work continue, this AM engine is like the separate model itself, more parts that the plane :)

wsRVyTd.jpg

TFlcSi6.jpg

Q1C40mk.jpg

FW1Qeuf.jpg

Cheers friends :)

Looks great! I have the same kit lying around and want to tackle it next, so I'm taking notes here! :speak_cool:  Mine's going to be a WW II patrol boat though, because I really don't like the look of the big radome on top of the cockpit, I think it somewhat spoils the lines of the plane... Are you going to put the landing gear and the swimmers in the down position? I'm still not sure which way to go with mine...

Greets, Jonas

Thanks mustang1989 and Ohm-men :) I'm glad you like it so far.

Well Ohm-men, I'm not really sure for the worn paint, maybe it is, but maybe it's a frozen condensation . . . still do not know,

because this is the only photo of that Catalina with that reg-number:)

Hi Jonas :) you must order the great after-market parts and start to build this beautiful bird :)

I must agree with you for the big radome, but "the watch-tower" at the nose also brakes the lines.

I will build mine with gears and pontons down, because there are so many details whitch can be seen, and

as we know - the Devil is in the details ;)

Cheers my friends