Tamiya Spitfire Mk. IXc UPDATE 4/20/13 Complete and in the books.

Guest Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

Frank

As a kid, I use to always wear P.F. Flyers.

With a doubt, the Tamiya Spit is an incredible kit and still every bit the equal of their Mustang.

In a while - ie later this year - I'll be doing my HobbyBoss Vb (converted to Vc) and I'm really looking forward to that one :)

I'm sitting right over this particular kit while typing, and I'm having a real blast! Sure something you can look forward to. :)

Having built two of the Tamiya Spitfires, with two more on the bench and another pair in the stash, I have to agree they're nice kits.

I never thought I would end up with so many of one plane. At least they're all going to look different.

Your cockpit looks great so far. Like others have said, hopefully you'll need more breaks to continue work on this one.

Carl

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Carl

The Spit sure is contagious and I seem to keep pushing forward with it. Jusytmight finish her up before finishing up the Fokker.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Peterpools

Update: The Front Office - a second try

With my Fokker nearing the final stages, it's time to start thinking about getting back to the Spit again. Looking at the front office, it was quite apparent the weathering was just too heavy handed and needed to be redone. Throwing caution to the wind, I took apart as much of the cockpit as I could, stripped the weathering and paint and went at it a second time. I was very careful to keep the weathering on the light side by not over doing the oil pin wash and dry brushing. While I was at it, I wanted to replace Tamiya's seatbelts and harness with just were too stiff looking with an HGW laser cut set. What a pleasure. This was the first time I used the HGW belts and found them easy to install. I still need to play with them a bit but at this point they look pretty good. Tacky Glue in the pink bottle was used for the assembly and I had no problems at all.

Hopefully the re-do looks better and a lot more natural.

Thanks for following along

PCW_4052_zpsc236f630.jpg

PCW_4053_zpsa2a6071a.jpg

PCW_4056_zps6ffea88c.jpg

PCW_4057_zpseb59c90f.jpg

PCW_4058_zps432bb5bd.jpg

PCW_4055_zpsf25e8ec1.jpg

PCW_4054_zps3732aa5b.jpg

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Ron

She was just over done before and needed a bit of Mr Clean.

Of course, I still need a few more days to finish up my Fokker and have been busy with my Her Otto Pilot. Painted and done. Now back to his plane.