F4U-1D Brooklyn Butcher VMF-512 USS Gilbert Island, July 1945

1to1scale

With "most" kit figures, some time with a blade and scriber will clean up the details and sharpen the edges.

Im not a figure painter, but each one I do gets better and its a long climb skill wise.

I agree. Undercutting on the details like straps and sleeves can make a big difference in appearance.  A quick swipe with Tamiya extra thin smooths out rough edges.  I'm not good enough to do fresh engraving on the faces, though.  

Beautiful detail on the cockpit. What did you use for that nice dust effect on the control panels? Wash or pigment?

Flory gray wash on the black and grime on the green, used brown and grime on the pilot. I used a little bit of silver pastel on the worn metal edges.

Flory gray wash on the black and grime on the green, used brown and grime on the pilot. I used a little bit of silver pastel on the worn metal edges.

Nice. Ill try that on my next cockpit build using the Tamiya grey panel line wasg

I spent the weekend working on the engine and everything forward of the firewall, I now have a mostly complete power egg, the only thing left is to Spray a little primer before I glue on the cowl flaps and the front cowl ring. I also have to paint the lead wire for the ignition, and I am done, I will be assembling the rest of the model in prep for paint next weekend. I will post a few pics tonight.